Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Hey guy's,

 

I need some help. I recently picked up a NAD T758 v3 receiver and set aside today to do the Dirac Live room correction. After hours i still cannot get a measurement it will use.

I'm using the supplied mic on tripod stand and have tried it plugged into the T758 (as suggested by NAD) and also via my PC. 

 

The issue:

Every time i run a measurement point (Test tones from each speaker), at the end i get a Low Signal to Noise ratio error message, regardless of which point i'm measuring and what volume everything is set at etc (I've tried almost all volume options!). The rooms quiet. no other appliances are running except the amp and my PC. I also leave the room during the measurement. 

 

The one time i was able to get enough measurement points successfully recorded, it failed during the filter design stage with an error saying the measurements were too poor quality.

 

I've tried another calibration microphone (KRKSystems) with the exact same results as above.

 

I've also tried it through the iOS app. Again, same issues.

 

Has anyone else experienced this or have some suggestions?

 

Thanks.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, thecoffeegent said:

Hey guy's,

 

I need some help. I recently picked up a NAD T758 v3 receiver and set aside today to do the Dirac Live room correction. After hours i still cannot get a measurement it will use.

I'm using the supplied mic on tripod stand and have tried it plugged into the T758 (as suggested by NAD) and also via my PC. 

 

The issue:

Every time i run a measurement point (Test tones from each speaker), at the end i get a Low Signal to Noise ratio error message, regardless of which point i'm measuring and what volume everything is set at etc (I've tried almost all volume options!). The rooms quiet. no other appliances are running except the amp and my PC. I also leave the room during the measurement. 

 

The one time i was able to get enough measurement points successfully recorded, it failed during the filter design stage with an error saying the measurements were too poor quality.

 

I've tried another calibration microphone (KRKSystems) with the exact same results as above.

 

I've also tried it through the iOS app. Again, same issues.

 

Has anyone else experienced this or have some suggestions?

 

Thanks.

When you run the volume calibration step, did you adjust the volume and microphone level on left side, and also test that every speaker showed green on the level?

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Snoopy8 said:

When you run the volume calibration step, did you adjust the volume and microphone level on left side, and also test that every speaker showed green on the level?

Hey Snoop, do you mean the Master Volume and Mic Gain?

 

And yes, test tone run on each speaker and adjusted to be in the green.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, thecoffeegent said:

Hey Snoop, do you mean the Master Volume and Mic Gain?

 

And yes, test tone run on each speaker and adjusted to be in the green.

Sorry, relying on memory to describe setup.  Yes, master volume and mic gain.  Try boosting it over 100, and have each speaker show lots of green.

 

Check the microphone level in Windows.  You could also try using REW with microphone; if it works in REW, it will eliminate the PC, Windows setting and microphone itself.  

Link to post
Share on other sites


24 minutes ago, Snoopy8 said:

Sorry, relying on memory to describe setup.  Yes, master volume and mic gain.  Try boosting it over 100, and have each speaker show lots of green.

 

Check the microphone level in Windows.  You could also try using REW with microphone; if it works in REW, it will eliminate the PC, Windows setting and microphone itself.  

Tried boosting the mic, same result. Just checked Mic in REW and its working. This is what i am getting everytime.

 

 

Dirac.JPG

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, thecoffeegent said:

Tried boosting the mic, same result. Just checked Mic in REW and its working. This is what i am getting everytime.

 

 

Dirac.JPG

No good, suggest contacting NAD support, include screen shots of Dirac volume calibration, also REW measurements.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Administrators

There was an issue with V1 and V2 microphones bundled with NAD AVRs that featured Dirac Live.  It is possible you have the wrong one. Has it ever worked?

I've flagged this thread with the NAD distributor already for you and they're happy to chat to you on Monday about it if you don't get it sorted before hand.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Marc said:

There was an issue with V1 and V2 microphones bundled with NAD AVRs that featured Dirac Live.  It is possible you have the wrong one. Has it ever worked?

I've flagged this thread with the NAD distributor already for you and they're happy to chat to you on Monday about it if you don't get it sorted before hand.

Thanks Marc, I’m not sure how I can check what version microphone I have but hopefully it’s something simple like that. 
 

I’m usual pretty competent with tech but troubleshooting this Dirac issue has done my head in. 


Are you able to recommend a fairly common/accessible mic that would be suitable?

Link to post
Share on other sites


  • Administrators
3 hours ago, thecoffeegent said:

Thanks Marc, I’m not sure how I can check what version microphone I have but hopefully it’s something simple like that. 
 

I’m usual pretty competent with tech but troubleshooting this Dirac issue has done my head in. 


Are you able to recommend a fairly common/accessible mic that would be suitable?

The tech there will be able to help you on Monday.

Link to post
Share on other sites

SOLVED:

 

So, after reading and reading I finally found, and took note of the below advice from the NAD Support page. Pulling the stereo adapter connection out ever so slightly solved all my issues and I was able to successfully setup my first Dirac Live filters this morning. 

 

6DD7EF65-2B5E-4F67-86EE-EB682A195A71.jpeg

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, thecoffeegent said:

SOLVED:

 

So, after reading and reading I finally found, and took note of the below advice from the NAD Support page. Pulling the stereo adapter connection out ever so slightly solved all my issues and I was able to successfully setup my first Dirac Live filters this morning. 

Glad you managed to solve it.  :thumbsup:   I have never used that adaptor because I own a usb microphone.

 

How did Dirac Live sound?

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Snoopy8 said:

Glad you managed to solve it.  :thumbsup:   I have never used that adaptor because I own a usb microphone.

 

How did Dirac Live sound?

Yeah, it’s a little cheap looking/feeling connection setup supplied with the T758, I was sure it was something linked to it that was giving me the poor results.

 

Dirac made a very big difference, and has really cleaned up the sound and improved the imaging on what I had without room correction. Very happy now.

 

I’ll order the USB microphone I’ve seen you recommend in previous posts, as I am a tinkerer and will enjoy a decent mic to further fine tune things. 
 

for now, the changes made are more than suitable, but like I said - I like to tinker, but this mornings solution will get me by until the decent USB mic arrives.

 

Thanks,  again for helping. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites


Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Similar Content

    • By hiphile
      Item Condition: Used Shipping Options: Pickup available but audition is not available.,Pickup available and you can audition. Suburb or Town: Oakleigh South State: VIC Payment Method: EFT Reason for selling: Downsizing Further information:
      Selling my beloved NAD C320BEE Integrated Amp and C521BEE CD Player in excellent condition.
       
      Both have had very easy life and little use over the years - I listen to at most 1-2 hours per week and for the past few years, probably 1-2 hours per month.
       
      Both are in excellent condition with no dings / scratches. Remote is also in perfect working and excellent cosmetic condition.
       
      The CD laser is getting a little tired, befitting its age. It doesn't like dirty / old / scratched up discs. However you can get replacement ones on eBay for cheap if you wish. To be honest it still plays 90% of my CDs so I never bothered.
       
      Comes with manual and the original brochure! 😀
       
      Selling due to downsizing and wishing to simplify with an all in one streamer / multi-room system.
       
      Pickup only due to bulk and I no longer have the boxes.
       
      Any questions please ask.
       
      Cheers

      Photos:


       
      PLEASE READ
      If you are advertising multiple items, you must post one bulk price only, or post seperate ads for each item If you include any reference to pricing whatsoever in this section (excluding RRP), your ad will not be approved If you don't include photographs of the actual item being sold, your ad will not be approved
    • By dan-m9
      Item Condition: 9/10 Shipping Options: Pickup available and you can audition.,Shipping is included in price. Suburb or Town: Postmans Ridge or Toowoomba State: QLD Payment Method: Paypal, EFT, or Cash on Pickup Reason for selling: NLR Further information:
       
       
      Great NAD DAC and Preamp with the classic but detailed NAD sound house.
      Very similar/slight upgrade from the classic NAD M51 DAC but this one has a large volume knob on the front which was a huge selling point for me and many others..
       
      Just over a year old. RRP new for AU is still $1899
      Firmware was updated about 3 months ago to the latest.
      Free Postage AU wide to Sendle/Couriers Please locations.
       
      More info/specs:
      https://www.digitalcinema.com.au/nad-c-510-direct-digital-preamp-dac.html
       
      Any questions please ask.
      Thanks.
       
      Photos:
       

       

       
       
    • By sk280
      Item Condition: Used, Excellent Shipping Options: Pickup available and you can audition.,Shipping is available at agreed cost. Suburb or Town: Pennant Hills 2120 State: VIC Payment Method: Cash on pickup, Osko, Paypal Reason for selling: Funding upgrade Further information:
       NAD T748 7.1 RECEIVER with HDMI, ARC, HDMI PASSTHROUGH in excellent condition with original remote and microphone (also have original CD with manual, but need to search for it if buyer wants it)

      - Full demo on pickup
      - Sounds fantastic even for 2 channel music, currently connected for stereo use, happy to demo 5 channels as well if required.
      - No issues at all, some marks cosmetically
      - Has 7.1 Pre Outs
      - Pickup from Pennant Hills area NSW 2120
      - Local pickup preferred and will be given preference over shipping.
       
       
       
       

      Photos:
       
      PLEASE READ
      If you are advertising multiple items, you must post one bulk price only, or post seperate ads for each item If you include any reference to pricing whatsoever in this section (excluding RRP), your ad will not be approved If you don't include photographs of the actual item being sold, your ad will not be approved


    • By Hilltop Rob
      Item Condition: Brand new. Opened, Unused. Shipping Options: Pickup available but audition is not available.,Shipping is available at agreed cost. Suburb or Town: Laidley State: Queensland Payment Method: Cash, EFT, PayPal Reason for selling: Not Needed Brand new in box.
       
      Opened but never used.
       
      All accessories included.
       
      Photos:
       
      PLEASE READ
      If you are advertising multiple items, you must post one bulk price only, or post seperate ads for each item If you include any reference to pricing whatsoever in this section (excluding RRP), your ad will not be approved If you don't include photographs of the actual item being sold, your ad will not be approved


    • By Ken Lipper
      Item Condition: Very Good - everything works perfectly Shipping Options: Pickup available and you can audition.,Shipping is available at agreed cost. Suburb or Town: Brisbane State: Queensland Payment Method: Paypal, EFT, Cash on Pickup Reason for selling: Not used Further information:
      I’m selling an NAD D3020 that I, impulsively, bought recently. It’s a great little all-in-one integrated amp with all the digital inputs you need. Due to it’s diminutive size, it would be perfect for a small, secondary system in the office, spare room or kitchen. For the budget minded, matched with the right speakers, it’s more than capable of playing the role of primary system.
      It includes the following:
      The unit itself Remote control Aussie power cord Quick-start guide All original packing materials including the velvet bag  
      NOTE: This is the original D3020, not the V2, so it doesn’t have a phone stage if that’s important to you. Otherwise, the original and V2 are more or less the same.
       
      Here are a few reviews and history of the iconic NAD 3020 evolution:
      https://www.whathifi.com/au/nad/d-3020/review https://www.stereophile.com/content/nad-d-3020-integrated-amplifier https://darko.audio/2014/01/nad-d-3020-review-part-1-vs-nad-3020i/ (Part 1 of 3) Plenty more on YouTube  
      Pickup in Bulimba, QLD (inner-city Brisbane) is welcomed but I’m happy to ship, with insurance, in Australia for $30.
       
      Photos:
       
      PLEASE READ
      If you are advertising multiple items, you must post one bulk price only, or post seperate ads for each item If you include any reference to pricing whatsoever in this section (excluding RRP), your ad will not be approved If you don't include photographs of the actual item being sold, your ad will not be approved







×
×
  • Create New...