Cool Cheap Cable lifters

32 minutes ago, eman said:

Interestingly (?) it's the reo in reoconcrete that has a weak magnetic field.  Don't know if anyone can hear any affect though.

That might explain why REO Speedwagon sounds like it does

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

21 minutes ago, t_mike said:

No. They build their city on rock and roll, not concrete.

Here's me thinking it was Starship

• Like 8
  • Haha 1

On a serious note. Can you actually hear a difference with cables off the ground? I'm all for cable upgrades, but I'm a bit sceptical on this one.

I can't visualize how if you had good quality shielded cable, why you would need to do this. Or am l missing something here?

And what if your speaker cable is laying on carpet? Would that not negate the concrete thing anyway? And don't these so called cable raises have to made from wood?

Yep, l know, another round of back and forths.?

• Like 2

I'm skeptical although I know otherwise intelligent people who swear they can hear a difference. My theory is the act of bending over to lift the cables caused wax to shift in their ears ?

Edited by stevel6868
  • Like 3
  • Haha 5

5 minutes ago, needlerunner said:

Can you actually hear a difference with cables off the ground?

Depending on who you ask, yes, no, and maybe. Count me as part of the "no" group.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Ittaku said:

Depending on who you ask, yes, no, and maybe. Count me as part of the "no" group.

...and me also strongly.

However what people do and buy is none of my business either, so if , for some unknown reason, there is a perceived  benefit then I wish them well and much happy listening and for $11.50 there is very little to lose unless you walk on them.

Edited by rantan
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, stevel6868 said:

May I humbly suggest that if you are looking for good value audio enhancers then a bottle of good Scotch is hard to beat ?

C'mon, combine a nicely made foil hat, some booze, and a set of artisanal cable lifters and you'd be in audio heaven ?

• Like 1
  • Love 1

46 minutes ago, needlerunner said:

On a serious note. Can you actually hear a difference with cables off the ground? I'm all for cable upgrades, but I'm a bit sceptical on this one.

I can't visualize how if you had good quality shielded cable, why you would need to do this. Or am l missing something here?

And what if your speaker cable is laying on carpet? Would that not negate the concrete thing anyway? And don't these so called cable raises have to made from wood?

Yep, l know, another round of back and forths.?

The theory is that carpet can have static electricity in it that can badly influence the signal going through your cables. To de-bunk this theory I'd say that as the electricity is static, there's actually no current running so there's no magnetic field to create that bad influence.  

Just put an earth stake through your carpet into the ground and all your problems are solved. Until the missus trips over the stake though, that's when the fighting starts.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

For even more improvement, you can stick these on all the components inside your gear.

stickers.jpg.2e0db78abb417b0ac929d247f3c27727.jpg

I'll get back to my Tullamore Dew now...

Edited by bob_m_54
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2