Calling on DSpeaker experts :)

So getting back to option 2 I think using the DSpeaker 2.0 you can pass through a full range signal to your midrange and tweeters which I think you are doing now without the DSpeaker. And with the gain and crossover set at the recommended settings for your bass modules also pass through full range signal to them. This would mimic what happens now out of the box without the DSpeaker 2.0, agree? 

Then on the DSpeaker 2.0 run through the wizard bypassing any crossover and phase settings for speakers and subwoofers. Quite obvious you should configure it for stereo subwoofers in your case as your bass modules are more stereo woofers than subwoofers. 

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just to be clear I still think you should stick to option 1 with the recommended settings for your bass modules and let the DSpeaker correct Left and Right 2.0 speakers. 

• Volunteer
2 hours ago, Satanica said:

Then on the DSpeaker 2.0 run through the wizard bypassing any crossover and phase settings for speakers and subwoofers. Quite obvious you should configure it for stereo subwoofers in your case as your bass modules are more stereo woofers than subwoofers.

So I did this and note two things

1) the noise is gone (when I connect as per option 2….) God knows why, makes no sense to me

2) I still don't see any way that I can use the Measurement tool within Anti-Mode 2.0DC to adjust the optimal level, cross-over and phase of the subwoofer(s)" . The unit just runs the sweeps, gives me its before and after plot and that's it

28 minutes ago, sir sanders zingmore said:

2) I still don't see any way that I can use the Measurement tool within Anti-Mode 2.0DC to adjust the optimal level, cross-over and phase of the subwoofer(s)" . The unit just runs the sweeps, gives me its before and after plot and that's i

Advanced option?

11 minutes ago, sir sanders zingmore said:

I used the advanced option to make the measurements.

Is there an option in there to see more than just the plots after the measurements are run?

It's been a long time so I may be confusing it with the x4 model but after the calibration if you go into system info it shows you the crossover frequency? Also you can download the plots to your computer with a USB stick I remember, but not how. I don't recall there being a lot of info on the dual core after calibration overall though.

4 hours ago, sir sanders zingmore said:

So I did this and note two things

1) the noise is gone (when I connect as per option 2….) God knows why, makes no sense to me

Yeah unexplained, but glad to hear that it has made the issue go away for whatever reason. 

4 hours ago, sir sanders zingmore said:

2) I still don't see any way that I can use the Measurement tool within Anti-Mode 2.0DC to adjust the optimal level, cross-over and phase of the subwoofer(s)" . The unit just runs the sweeps, gives me its before and after plot and that's it

I don't know why but I'm not surprised to hear this because the literature seemed to contradict itself as you noted. 

• Volunteer
14 hours ago, Ittaku said:

It's been a long time so I may be confusing it with the x4 model but after the calibration if you go into system info it shows you the crossover frequency? Also you can download the plots to your computer with a USB stick I remember, but not how. I don't recall there being a lot of info on the dual core after calibration overall though.

I think you might be confusing it with the X4 model.

No crossover frequency to be seen.

I'm close to giving up on this thing tbh

2 hours ago, sir sanders zingmore said:

I think you might be confusing it with the X4 model.

No crossover frequency to be seen.

I'm close to giving up on this thing tbh

But haven't you kinda got to where you wanted to go?

Or did you really want to use this as a crossover?

Have you applied any EQ corrections and if so what do you think?

• Volunteer
9 hours ago, Satanica said:

But haven't you kinda got to where you wanted to go?

Or did you really want to use this as a crossover?

Have you applied any EQ corrections and if so what do you think?

I wanted to try either using it as a crossover or at least using it to optimise the crossover settings on my subs.

It's not clear that it can do either of these (or if it can, I'm still in the dark about it)

Running the subs with line level input (my "option 2") sounded significantly worse than running them as full range speakers (option 1).

The problems are, option 1 is noisy for some reason and I don't know how to improve the sound under option 2 because as I mentioned,  I'm clueless as to what is the correct way of running the optimisation and what it's actually doing