wharfedale evo 4.3 or 4.4

9 hours ago, Hydrology said:

Great speakers. Award winning. But organise a listening session to see/hear what you think!

It appears (to me atleast) that Wharfedale have had a major resurgence with a number of quality speaker options now on the market. If there is a resurgence what has been the main reason for it?

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Hi-Fi Whipped said:

It appears (to me atleast) that Wharfedale have had a major resurgence with a number of quality speaker options now on the market. If there is a resurgence what has been the main reason for it?

From what I have heard, it seems Wharfedale have been more open more recently to comments/suggestions from their global distributor network than they have before. And without picking on other brands, it seems when one rises, others falter. Quad and Mission (from the same staple - IAG) dont seem to be as innovative as their sibling is currently.

Certainly I think the Mission of old (such as your E-Series) were far more innovative than recent efforts.

Edited by Hydrology
  • Like 1

On 21/05/2020 at 9:21 PM, Ericcklau said:

hi 

I am just wondering does anyone have audition on these speakers, heard they are petty good value for money. Any thoughts on these speakers?

Where are you located? I just listened to the 4.4 at Apollo Hifi Sydney and liked what I heard. 

• Like 1

On 23/05/2020 at 6:26 AM, Ericcklau said:

I should go to listen today

Did you check them out? Curious what you thought? I only compared them with the Klipsch rp6000f while I was there. I much preferred the Wharfedale. 

16 minutes ago, Midget said:

Did you check them out? Curious what you thought? I only compared them with the Klipsch rp6000f while I was there. I much preferred the Wharfedale. 

Yes actually I did, I think the speaker is nice, but I don't find that it is very impressive. I think is because of the amp they use to drive it is Arcam amp only 65w per channel and Arcam with cd player. I think i didn't hear the full potential of the speaker yet.

Edited by Ericcklau