SOLD: FS: KRIX Equinox MK3 Bookshelf Speakers

SOLD
Item Condition: Good
Shipping Options: Pickup available but audition is not available.
Suburb or Town: Ipswich
State: Queensland
Payment Method: Money
Reason for selling: NLR

Further information: 

A few marks on the speakers that aren't clearly discernible by the photos, nothing major at all. Local pick up only as I want the prospective buyer to have a listen and look before purchase.

These are the later variant of the Equinox using the updated drivers. No factory packaging.

20200521-104247.jpg

20200521-104102.jpg
20200521-104306.jpg
20200521-104319.jpg
20200521-104348.jpg
image uploader

• Like 3

this is a helluva deal.

allot of speaker in this unassuming package. especially being MK3 with ring-radiator tweeters. close your eyes and you'll think it's a speaker twice the size (with good amplification of course).

got exactly the same one, except mine are in Jarrah veneer finish.

GLWTS

(this is a more refined descendant of the 90's classic Krix M150, and you can hear lots of the M150 in it).

Edited by zippi

1 hour ago, N_R said:

I do need a good surrounds and had been thinking about these exact speakers.

I've got the Dynamix as my surrounds and they are great. The Equinox are basically the same speaker in a different form factor.

If you have the room for them then this as a bargain.

Just realised you're not in the same state.

Edited by Mr_Gadget

Surprised by the lack of local interest in these. I urge any one genuinely in the market to come demo these or the Monitor Silver 50's. They won't disappoint.

Edited by kelossus
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, kelossus said:

Surprised by the lack of local interest in these.

I think with Equinox, some people may be put off with their stature (smallish profile). They are so well tuned and can out perform speakers well beyond their price bracket. You really get to have very large sound out of these. Effortlessly too.

• Like 1

If it wasn’t for having purchased bill125812’s Krix Acoustix MK2 earlier in the week I’d be grabbing them! Then again, delivery is tomorrow and after a listen to the Acoustix’s I might think I need these to complete a Home theatre set up! 

• Like 3

Seems like good value for someone local who can pick those up.  I remember seriously auditioning the Equinox years ago (about 10?) and being very impressed. They do the "big sound out of small box" thing really well, especially with a quality amp. A bargain for fronts in a starter system or compact living room type system.  Too good for ht surrounds imo ?  but hey they'd rock there too.

• Like 1

I have 5 pairs of bookshelves here and the Krix are easily the least expensive. Even with that considered they are nearly the pick of the lot. The mid-range is very natural and the speaker is voiced very well. They don't have any mid-range scooped out.

I've got a big pair of Krix Harmonix mk2 in Blackwood veneer, spectacular.

Edited by kelossus
  • Like 1

On 21/05/2020 at 10:31 AM, kelossus said:
Price: $350
Item Condition: Good
Shipping Options: Pickup is available
Suburb or Town: Ipswich
State: Queensland
Payment Method: Money
Reason for selling: NLR

Further information: 

A few marks on the speakers that aren't clearly discernible by the photos, nothing major at all. Local pick up only as I want the prospective buyer to have a listen and look before purchase.

These are the later variant of the Equinox using the updated drivers. No factory packaging.

20200521-104247.jpg

20200521-104102.jpg
20200521-104306.jpg
20200521-104319.jpg
20200521-104348.jpg
image uploader

Wish I knew about these before buying the Edifiers

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Peter-E said:

Wish I knew about these before buying the Edifiers

And it's a local Adelaide manufacturer with a decades long history. At one point most cinema speakers Aus wide were (maybe still are) Krix made and installed, so if you've been to the movies you've certainly heard their speakers.

• Like 1

In IMHO. Buying Aussie made not only keeps the Local industry going, but we Also have some great speaker manufacturers here.  When you buy a locally built, your not paying all those annoying import taxes etc.  so your getting much much more for your money 

These  speakers are a prime example of just that. 

Edited by Bill125812
  • Like 2