Having tried a couple of couriers in the past with limited success. I need another pair of speakers (total 70kgs) moved from Melbourne to Sydney.

Recent quotes from e-go (cheapest $), Pack & Send ($$$), Smart Send ($$$),  Interparcel (via TNT - road were affordable) - any other recommendations?

So far, only PackSend and Smart Send offer Insurance of amounts over 2k.

Recently used this website and it made it a lot cheaper than going direct with any couriers.
https://www.transdirect.com.au/services/interstate-couriers/
Both ways were overnight delivery between Syd and Bris even though standard post selected

Not sure on insurance but I believe you can state how much you need.

• Like 2
1 minute ago, Bunno77 said:

Recently used this website and it made it a lot cheaper than going direct with any couriers.
https://www.transdirect.com.au/services/interstate-couriers/
Both ways were overnight delivery between Syd and Bris even though standard post selected

Not sure on insurance but I believe you can state how much you need.

Same here. I have been using Transdirect for years and they have a good selection of courier partners to choose from.

Also, if you join as a member (free with no catches ) you get an extra 10% off . You just sign in when seeking a quote.

The usual disclaimer:  no connection. just a satisfied repeat customer.

• Like 3

Transdirect patched me on to Allied Express and with insurance it came out 15-20% costlier than Pack Send or Smart Send. 

Thanks @rantan & @Bunno77

• Like 1

so you have speakers weighing 35kg packed each.. so that is not standard post, the weight would preclude that as not a one man lift.

i have sent subs weighing 30kg packed to qld with ego and that just made it under their normal rules. most of my buy sell i use ego but only depot to depot. when using tnt or pack & send or couriers please i also only use depot to depot. this cuts out extra handling.

personally you could not pay me to use pack & send or couriers please. ego and tnt depot to depot are fine, although ego may be slipping but times are still good.

remember the 3 rules:

1. pack well

2.pack well

3.pack well.

Cope sensitive freight.
The packages stay with Cope the whole journey.

You may have to organise your own insurance.

I have used e-go for about 15years  with no issues with damaged freight. Although I usually do depot-depot but not always.

IMO

Insurance is ALWAYS: Read the fine print.

The pick-up and delivery is to the quality of the locally contracted driver. 

• Like 1

And so I ended up with SmartSend which was fulfilled by Allied Express - They used road transport and was delivered in less than 48 hours.

I paid around $300 (including forklift charges at both ends due to weight and insurance) from Melb to Syd and that was double the quote from e-go which did not have insurance of forkift options.

I am happy with the speed and as most here including @GregWormald would agree that the overall service depends on quality of drivers at both ends, storage facilities in-between etc.

In this case, a speaker box was wet on one end but I was saved by some good packaging of the speaker itself inside - I will find some time to report this to SmartSend once I finish playing around with the speakers 🙂. Also the driver kept speaker boxes flat down in our front porch and then rang the bell ... walked away without a word - he self signed for the delivery as well 🤔.   

1 minute ago, ViVa said:

Also the driver kept speaker boxes flat down in our front porch and then rang the bell ... walked away without a word - he self signed for the delivery as well 🤔.   

From a few things I have heard and and from personal experience, this is becoming increasingly common.

I recently received a delivery for which a signature was required, but the driver just left it at the entrance and then bolted.

Ive had the same thing, I caught the driver walking off and he said due to covid he was signing for the deliveries

Even the standard suburban posty is self signing now.

I used Your Freight Agent to organise shipping of speakers from the ACT to Perth last year  https://yourfreightagent.com.auThey found a bunch of alternatives and I went with their their recommendation -  Northline, who did a great job for a good price. 

if selling or buying something over $500? i wouldnt until deliveries get back to normal... couriers/posties signing for you?? get out of here.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Ryszard
      Item Condition: Very Good Shipping Options: Pickup available and you can audition. Suburb or Town: Melbourne State: VIC Payment Method: EFT; CASH Reason for selling: NLR Further information:

I have worked in audio retail industry for over 30 years and I have selected these speakers for my brother some 18 years ago. I still recall how this particular generation of Revolution range really stood out for their ability to deliver excellent detail, whilst rendering an incredibly smooth and fluid presentation (touch on the warm side; not necessarily so typical of Tannoys). 

I am well aware they only had very limited use and in fact have not been used at all over the last 4-5 years; hence the reason for this listing. I brought them to my place, had them connected and can confirm they are perfectly functional and still really impress! 

Condition wise:  there is absolutely no visible sign of any wear/tear on the rubber surrounds and all drivers appear as new.  The condition of cabinets is very good with just very few minor blemishes (the 'worst' one in pic 5), noticeable only from close inspection.  No boxes, so a local sale is very much preferred. 

Happy to respond to any relevant questions via PM. 

Photos:

PLEASE READ
      If you are advertising multiple items, you must post one bulk price only, or post seperate ads for each item If you include any reference to pricing whatsoever in this section (excluding RRP), your ad will not be approved If you don't include photographs of the actual item being sold, your ad will not be approved

• By Gabba
      Item Condition: One of the drivers has a very small (approx. 5 mm) dent in it. Other than that, excellent. Shipping Options: Pickup available but audition is not available. Suburb or Town: Parkville State: VIC Payment Method: Cash on pickup Reason for selling: Only one system at the moment and a little one on the way. Further information:

I previously bought these off another SNA member (Benny G) and was using them in a second system.  He had bought them off another SNA member. Their photos do them more justice.

There is a small dint on one of them but this was not perceptible to my ears (or the previous owner). The drivers are about $60 so could be replaced.

Pickup preferred.

Photos:

• By Eggmeister
      Item Condition: Very Good Shipping Options: Pickup available but audition is not available. Suburb or Town: Melbourne State: VIC Payment Method: EFT, Cash on Pickup Reason for selling: Opportunity to Upgrade     Further information:
      Recently purchased from Russell,

Details here

Photos:

• By dan-m9
      Item Condition: As New Shipping Options: Pickup available and you can audition.,Shipping is included in price. Suburb or Town: Postmans Ridge or Toowoomba State: QLD Payment Method: Paypal (Buyer pays 2.6% fees or F&F with no fees), EFT, Cash on Pickup Reason for selling: NLR Further information:

Barely used and in perfect condition. Purchased 11/05/2020 and comes with invoice with warranty also (3 years warranty from purchase date). RRP is $679 in AU.
      Comes with original boxes, padding etc like new. Free Postage AU wide to Sendle/Couriers Please locations.

More Info/Specs:
      https://www.spacehifi.com.au/audio/speakers/bookshelf-speakers/audioengine-hdp6-passive-bookshelf-speakers

Any questions please ask.
      Thanks.

Photos:

• By Gramophone
      Item Condition: Fair Shipping Options: Pickup available and you can audition. Suburb or Town: Morley State: WA Payment Method: EFT or Cash Reason for selling: Not being used Further information:

For sale is a pair of 2-way tuned port speakers from the Interdyn Designer Series made in Melbourne.

The Designer Series concept was to source the quality drivers from SEAS in Norway for Australian designed and build cabinets. The crossover employ air-cored (as opposed to ferrite-cored )inductors and polypropylene capacitors. The two SEAS drivers consist of a 25mm aluminium tweeter and a 200mm treated fibre cone and heavy barium ferrite magnet woofer.

The speakers were for many years successfully pair with the Mission Cyrus III (2x 50W) integrated amplifier given the drivers' 94db sensitivity. These speakers are reportedly very well match with valve amplifiers.

The Jarrah veneer cabinets have faded over the years and there is evidence of wear. The drivers, however, have never been damaged, removed or even cleaned for sale and are therefore in good condition. The speakers' condition has been listed as fair overall.

The BT1

40-150 watts amplifier required 38 Hz - 20,000 Hz frequency response 8 ohms impedance 270W x 875H x 310D (mm) 18 kg  

Photos: