Intro (plus some advice?)

Hi, I had an account here long ago on an old work email that I can't access ;(

I'm Ryan, and previously had an old Rega RP1, I just received (via Carlton Audio Visual - thanks!) a brand spanking new Rega Planar 2 (for $763 - absolute bargain imo).

I really don't want to go down the amplifier / pre-amp route right now, so I've narrowed down some active speakers with built in pre-amp: Kanto YU4 and YU6, as well as the Klipsh R-51PM (though I don't think my wife will appreciate me going $500 over my budget...).

@leon81 I can't access your comment while I am logged in, but under a classifieds WTB post from a year ago you mentioned you might be looking to sell your Kanto speakers? Which one's do you have?

Appreciate any comments on these speakers from people who have them too :)

Thanks and now that I have a bit more time on my hands during this isolation, I look forward to learning more and in the not so distant future upgrading my set up!

• Like 1

Hi @ryanph

I have the Kanto Yu6 in matte black. I've owned them since July last year. The only fault I'm aware of is that the white LED (which indicates that the speaker is active) seems to have burnt out. The orange standby LED works fine.

Feel free to PM me to discuss details.

Edited by leon81

2 hours ago, Marc said:

Let me know your old account (by PM) and I can fix that for you.

Thanks Marc, I tried every email address/combo imaginable in the forgot password function. It was around mid to late 2009, then unforeseen circumstances forced me to sell a lot of stuff including my records/turntable. It's all good, I'm happy to start again :)

1 hour ago, leon81 said:

Hi @ryanph

I have the Kanto Yu6 in matte black. I've owned them since July last year. The only fault I'm aware of is that the white LED (which indicates that the speaker is active) seems to have burnt out. The orange standby LED works fine.

Feel free to PM me to discuss details.

Thanks Leon, PM'd ✌️