New Lyngdorf pre pro

A new lower spec 12 channel decoding ' 16ch output entry level pre pro with all the important stuff like room perfect and hdmi 2.0 .  Price is  $9499us so cheaper than the new MP60 but with a newer hdmi board than the MP50 [ though only 3 inputs ]

At a guess considering the 7.1.4 decoding ; the extra ancillary channels may be for extra  non discrete wides like the MP50 has ..  Assignable sub outputs would be preferable of course at this level .   

https://lyngdorf.com/lyngdorf-mp-40/?fbclid=IwAR288WHFCkt9x-aOaGOScUdvbneR_MH4UnsOvjfcLMwVxRzniQbHysR5PX0

• Like 1

strange only 3 inputs ! but i guess something gotta give vs upper model, is there some resemblance to the arcam made JBLs ? 

https://www.bestofhighend.com/lyngdorf-mp-50-review/

good review above that outlines the need for those rear surrounds ! for a 7.4.2 setup they demoed in.

definitely some fans of room perfect over the years. 

5 hours ago, betty boop said:

strange only 3 inputs ! but i guess something gotta give vs upper model, is there some resemblance to the arcam made JBLs ? 

https://www.bestofhighend.com/lyngdorf-mp-50-review/

good review above that outlines the need for those rear surrounds ! for a 7.4.2 setup they demoed in.

definitely some fans of room perfect over the years. 

And only 1 hdmi out Al ; ide ditch the aes or some sp/difs :) No connection with the Arcam JBL's ; these are strictly in house designed and manufactured by SL audio Denmark . Which is potentially  good considering the frustrations at avs forum with the JBL's and their Arcam firmware :$

Reading your review its probably got assignable sub outs for a larger room .

Relatively good value compared to a steinway P200 [ who needs a dci movie streamer ? ]

• Like 1

On 18/05/2020 at 4:09 PM, cwt said:

And only 1 hdmi out Al ; ide ditch the aes or some sp/difs :) No connection with the Arcam JBL's ; these are strictly in house designed and manufactured by SL audio Denmark . Which is potentially  good considering the frustrations at avs forum with the JBL's and their Arcam firmware :$

Reading your review its probably got assignable sub outs for a larger room .

Relatively good value compared to a steinway P200 [ who needs a dci movie streamer ? ]

yeah remarkable similarity in looks with the jbl/arcam though as you say perhaps lack of similarity in having any connection with those is a good thing if they are a bit of a frustrating things with regards firmware !  nearly 5 years down track with uhd we really shouldn't be having bug issues with things like this.

very strange only one hdmi out .... not something i could use with even just that one restriction ....

45 minutes ago, betty boop said:

yeah remarkable similarity in looks with the jbl/arcam though as you say perhaps lack of similarity in having any connection with those is a good thing if they are a bit of a frustrating things with regards firmware !  nearly 5 years down track with uhd we really shouldn't be having bug issues with things like this.

very strange only one hdmi out .... not something i could use with even just that one restriction ....

The Arcam AV40 has things a bit back to front with the giant lcd readout on the fascia and a 2 line only osd Al ; if this was reversed I wouldnt be scratching my head :) You said it ; too much of this beta testing going on with these new models ; you would hope a grounded stable firmware at some of these prices ..

Its a bit embarassing to see the likes of JBL Synthesis struggle with a foreign firmware [everythings oem for many these days ] while a newcomer like Monoprice shows how it should be done with close consultation with their base [ reminds me of oppo B| ] and a big company resource like ATI behind them ..

Its quite strange to see so many famous brands all owned by Samsung ; Lyngdorf at least are still independent ?

Not hard to put a parallel hdmi out in ; its only a passthrough :x

Edited by cwt

9 hours ago, cwt said:

The Arcam AV40 has things a bit back to front with the giant lcd readout on the fascia and a 2 line only osd Al ; if this was reversed I wouldnt be scratching my head :) You said it ; too much of this beta testing going on with these new models ; you would hope a grounded stable firmware at some of these prices ..

Its a bit embarassing to see the likes of JBL Synthesis struggle with a foreign firmware [everythings oem for many these days ] while a newcomer like Monoprice shows how it should be done with close consultation with their base [ reminds me of oppo B| ] and a big company resource like ATI behind them ..

Its quite strange to see so many famous brands all owned by Samsung ; Lyngdorf at least are still independent ?

Not hard to put a parallel hdmi out in ; its only a passthrough :x

yeah what the hell is it with putting a parallel hdmi out. even base marantz processors do it and let you switch to individual or dual/auto with the things, id see as basics.

@Marc has a jbl/arcam coming so can fill in how that is in practice... I am also wary of bug reports... sometimes they are from folks who spend nth time with them and not something many or any will ever encounter. or on other hand they are so obvious eg with the oppo 203 when came out makes wonder how on earth passed through the huge developer / beta testing community it had when could just pick off the issues bang bang bang one after other in first 5-10min of use :D fortunately they did get there in end with the 205 and updating the 203 but didnt help their cause.

its interesting all these processors coming to fore... good to hear the mono price is solid and has ATI backing. its getting mind boggling who owns what anymore :D 

• Like 1

• Administrator
1 hour ago, betty boop said:

@Marc has a jbl/arcam coming so can fill in how that is in practice...

Mine arrives in AU on Friday so should be in my hands Monday/Tuesday.

AU held back a little bringing them in until some firmware releases so hopefully by now it's becoming bug free.

The downside of upgradeable firmware is we tend to see products released to market too soon and consumers become beta testers. The upside is we get new features free of charge. It balances out I guess.

• Like 1