Surround Sound Trouble Foxtel. 4K passthrough issue?

G'Day StereoNet,

Im only new here so hopefully iv posted this in the right section and that it hasn't been covered before. 

So i have 3.1.2 setup and recently changed from T.V to a projector. While changing audio/video to optimal performance through Foxtel settings i noticed that No audio would come through when changed from MPEG to AC3. While set to MPEG it is only coming through left and right. I don't actully know if it was working while i had the TV setup because i only have sports channels & due to Covid-19 was given movies free.

I have also noticed i cant record UHD movie channel. it says my cables are not good enough. However they are AudioQuest Pearl. 

I Spoke with Foxtel and worked through all of their suggestions with no luck. I also tried running Digital/Optical cable from Foxtel to Denon but not sure which settings i needed. HDMI for Vid and Optical for Audio?

Is this a passthrough issue with my Denon AVR 1200w(2016 Model). Apple TV and Blu-ray seem to be fine. Is my receiver restricting capabilities of my JVC N7?

I wasn't sure what other info to include. Any help or suggestions appreciated.

IMG_7591.thumb.jpeg.1fdcdb5832fbd76c93a4fdc17508b4be.jpeg

IMG_7608.jpeg

Your Denon AVR can handle  UHD video and audio formats  (as you have confirmed with Apple TV  and Blu-ray), so its not an AVR problem.    The IQ4 box from Foxtel could be faulty  -  they do have their issues. To be sure I would try the following:

1. Remove optical cables  between IQ4 and AVR

2. Use a different input on AVR for Foxtel

3. Use a differentHDMI cable on Foxtel Input

4. Reset IQ4  and try setup again with AC3 sound.

If you are still having problems you can order a new IQ4 box from Foxtel.   Foxtel want you to go through their procedure first which is in the link below:

https://www.foxtel.com.au/support/technical-support/sound-troubleshooting/iq4/tv.html

• Thanks 1

Hi Tasso,

Thanks for your help. Turns out that it is just that one input that wont play muti channel. I should have known to check for that.

Everything is now working perfect. Really appreciate it ?

5 hours ago, Benny2466 said:

Hi Tasso,

Thanks for your help. Turns out that it is just that one input that wont play muti channel. I should have known to check for that.

Everything is now working perfect. Really appreciate it ?

You are welcome.   Enjoy your new setup!

• Like 1