FS: (ADL) Dynaudio Special Forty Red Birch Standmount Speakers

Item Condition: As new, but "B stock" - see below
Shipping Options: Pickup available but audition is not available.
Suburb or Town: Adelaide
State: South Australia
Payment Method: Bank transfer, Cash
Reason for selling: NLR - dismantling study rig

Further information: 

These were purchased new from Denis White in Adelaide as "B-Stock" in July 2018

Some of the 1st shipment of S40s had a cloudy spot in the clearcoat because they were bagged too early while the lacquer was incompletely dry.

This pair's imperfection is only visible in bright daylight at a precise angle ( I tried to photograph this, but you really can't) and only if you know what you are looking for

Otherwise they are in as new condition. They have warranty until Jul 2026.

They have lived in my study, grills on, never exposed to sun, driven rarely by my Luxman integrated (also for sale) for which they are a sublime match.

Surprisingly they were also excellent with Devialet, especially as there is an S40 SAM profile.

I preferred these to the higher range Dynaudio standmounts as the tweeter sounds smoother to me, without appreciable loss of detail

https://www.stevehuffphoto.com/dynaudio-special-40-speaker-review-are-they-really-that-special/

https://www.stereophile.com/content/dynaudio-special-forty-loudspeaker

Stands not included in the price

I have the original packaging

Photos: 

IMG_9732.JPG

IMG_9729.JPG

IMG_9733.JPG

IMG_9734.JPG

IMG_9735.JPG

IMG_9737.JPG

IMG_9738.JPG

IMG_9739.JPG

IMG_9736.JPG

Edited by sakabatou
price adjustment
  • Like 2

I also had a close look at the B stock ( in both colours ) at Denis White Audio when they are clearing them and the very slight  imperfection is almost invisible.

In fact, if it had not been labelled as B stock and not pointed out in the shop, it may not have even been noticed by a potential buyer.

I also heard these demo'd at DWA with a pair of Schiit Vidar amplifiers and the result was superb.

• Like 1

These will be going into storage after this ad expires.

If the ad has expired and the pics are still there, feel free to PM me to ask about them

Edited by sakabatou
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Ericcklau
      Item Condition: E Shipping Options: Pickup available but audition is not available.,Shipping is available at agreed cost. Suburb or Town: Turramurra State: NSW Payment Method: PayPal, Cash on pickup Reason for selling: NLR Further information: japanese press with obi and insert

Photos:

PLEASE READ
      If you include any reference to pricing whatsoever in this section (excluding RRP), your ad will not be approved If you are advertising multiple items, you must post one bulk price only, or post seperate ads for each item If you don't include photographs of the actual item being sold, your ad will not be approved You understand that a reasonable donation for selling fees is expected upon successful sale of your item
      - if you have previously sold items and not made a donation, your advertisement may not be approved.  

• By Ericcklau
      Item Condition: E Shipping Options: Pickup available but audition is not available.,Shipping is available at agreed cost. Suburb or Town: Turramurra State: NSW Payment Method: PayPal, Cash on pickup Reason for selling: NLR Further information: japanese press with obi and insert

Photos:

PLEASE READ
      If you include any reference to pricing whatsoever in this section (excluding RRP), your ad will not be approved If you are advertising multiple items, you must post one bulk price only, or post seperate ads for each item If you don't include photographs of the actual item being sold, your ad will not be approved You understand that a reasonable donation for selling fees is expected upon successful sale of your item
      - if you have previously sold items and not made a donation, your advertisement may not be approved.

• By Ericcklau

Photos:

PLEASE READ

• By Ericcklau

Photos:

PLEASE READ

• By Ericcklau

Photos:

PLEASE READ