Item Condition: Exceptional.
Shipping Options: Pickup available but audition is not available.,Pickup available and you can audition.
Suburb or Town: North Melbourne/Kensington
State: Victoria
Payment Method: Cash or Pay I.D transfer
Reason for selling: Ready to upgrade

Further information:  

Hi guys,  currently ready to upgrade to a more powerful Rega amp, my Elicit-R is now up for sale, owned it for 2 years.  my most prized possession.

Purchased from Carlton Audio Visual previously. 

IMG_9122.jpg

IMG_9121.jpg

IMG_9123.jpg

Edited by Boaudio

Highly recommended, it is a superb amplifier. I've had mine for the last two months and it continually makes me smile (or cry). It is so good, that for me it sounds and feels like my end game amp. All the power I could need, detail, attack and it makes my PMCs 5.22 absolutely shine. Thank you Rega for such a sweet amp. And I have to agree, along with my PMCs, it is my most prized possession too. Great price. Shouldn't last.

• Like 1

@needlerunner Upgrade with be the Aethos, as I'm thoroughly satisfied with the sound from Rega. 

@Andpi summed it up perfectly! 

@sammclean Yes i need to sell it soon, or else I'll just plug it back in again!! I've had it unplugged for a month and missing the sound so much already. Everything that comes out of that amp is moving and intricate.

30 minutes ago, Boaudio said:

the Aethos

The Aethos is a fabulous choice. Before the lock down I went into Carlton Audio Visual and had a quick look. I tried to pick it up with both arms. After I got to lift it about 10cm I gave up as I felt I was going to drop it. What a solid piece of gear. I was told it runs hot but with a dual mono configuration it drives anything with that beautiful Rega sound . I can't wait to drop by again for a proper audition. The combination of PMC/Rega Elicit R was also a CAV recommendation and what a winner it is. I said that the Elicit R is my end game amp, on earth, but if I make it further then, the Aethos will be it!

Here's my Elicit-R. Oh yes and I love those sexy leds.

RegaElicitR.thumb.jpg.7e6fc8f4e88126bbbdfc2b5f922db320.jpg

Another vote here for the Elicit -R.    A superb amp in every way, but most of all it just draws you in to the music and it is impossible to ignore or keep one's feet still.

I think Rega are far better at amplifiers than turntables, but putting that aside, someone really should buy this and be happy for a couple of decades.

Edit: Does this come with MM/MC phono or just MM?

Thanks.

Edited by rantan

2 hours ago, rantan said:

Does this come with MM/MC phono or just MM?

Hi Rantan, yes it is only MM. However, it lends itself to add a separate phone amp of your choice as input one can be changed with a switch on the back to select a line level or MM. This arrangement is two separate RCA input connections. The manual states that by selecting this input as line level, it delivers further isolation from everything else.

The Aethos on the other hand does not have an MM/MC phono as Rega says that at this price point you may add your own separate phono amp. This adds further refinement to the system.

And you are very right about the amp doing it's job to draw you into the music and make you "feel". Isn't that what music is all about?

• Like 1

I've got an Elex-R, and have always thought of making the move up the Rega chain. I've heard that the Elicit-R is similar to the Elex, however takes things up a notch or two. What's great, too, is that it almost looks just like my amp: my wife will be none the wiser! 

Does anyone know about how big the jump is from Elex to Elicit? I've never heard the latter.

6 minutes ago, cordlessmatt said:

I've got an Elex-R, and have always thought of making the move up the Rega chain. I've heard that the Elicit-R is similar to the Elex, however takes things up a notch or two. What's great, too, is that it almost looks just like my amp: my wife will be none the wiser! 

Does anyone know about how big the jump is from Elex to Elicit? I've never heard the latter.

I have heard both at length. Their is somewhat of a house sound, but the Elicit-R is much more refined and far better balanced, by way of  comparison.  The Elex is a good amplifier but requires more careful system matching, whereas the Elicit works with just about anything you can think of.

• Like 1

This "Rega" sound comes from the same circuit released originally back in about 2011 for the new Brio-R. After it's success, it was implemented in different ways up the line into the Elex-R, Elicit-R and now the Aethos. The story of how this circuit came about is fascinating. Based around a design which was impossible to work 35 years earlier it was now possible with modern technology. http://www.the-ear.net/features/terry-bateman-tells-story-rega-brio-r

I own a 2012 Brio-R but haven't heard the Elex-R, although I am told that it is simply a Brio-R with more power. I went for the Elicit-R to match them better with my PMC speakers for power, more head room at 100 or so watts into 8ohms. I did noticed a huge difference in control in all senses and yes, more refinement. The lower frequencies feel super powerful and exquisite at the same time, you feel it in your guts. And the level of detail is astonishing.

The other trick is the computer controlled volume, not potentiometer. The voices are dead center and the imaging and size of instruments is fantastic, you can really picture the orchestra and the size of the instruments and vocalist. My understanding is that this is a different volume design that the Elex-R

• Like 1