grorr76

IFI PowerStation power conditioner and my analogue set up

After a lot of scepticism I this week introduced an IFI PowerStation power conditioner into my system. The upgrade in sound from this thing is no subtle its huge. The noise floor on my records is nearly zero so quiet . I never thought that power conditioning my setup would do much at all. I also swapped out all my power cables for IsoTek cables to which I think has also contributed to my results. I always knew my power was rubbish in my house but one can't know the difference until you have tried it. Even my dac sounds less clinical and more engaging .My other interesting finding is I am getting more detail and clarity at lower volumes .great product, Im a convert 

About 15years ago I listened to an űber-audiophile colleague extolling the virtues of Shunyata power conditioners and leads. Anyway I visited the recommended store and paid out far too much for some of their gear. I still cringe when I see the invoice, however I'm also convinced of the merits of power-conditioning and of high quality power-supplies.

I've just received an iFi iPower today and it's raising my iPhono2's performance noticeably, and I was already very satisfied with its impact on my TT.

Good to know that both of you guys are experiencing an improvement. May I ask if either of you have used the Isotek Polaris and how does this compare to it. I would be very interested in your thoughts.

5 minutes ago, rantan said:

Good to know that both of you guys are experiencing an improvement. May I ask if either of you have used the Isotek Polaris and how does this compare to it. I would be very interested in your thoughts.

no this is my first conditioner. the PowerStation. 

Posted (edited)

No, no experience with that either, however I would add that with my Gieseler Klein III DAC in a revealing system, its already excellent performance was noticeably elevated further by the best version of Kraftwerk LPS, just as I also detected even more definition and sound stage complexity when I added a Curious USB lead and iFi iUSB Nano between streamer and DAC.

It's like eating healthily for better health; good hi-fi thrives on quality power and signal conditioning!

Edited by lenticularis