RBN1

SOLD: FS: Rotel RSP-1570 7.1ch Home Theatre Surround Processor/Preamp

Posted (edited)
Item Condition: Excellent - Both Unit & Remote
Shipping Options: Pickup available but audition is not available.,Pickup available and you can audition.
Suburb or Town: Western Suburbs Melbourne
State: Victoria
Payment Method:
Reason for selling: Have moved to Primare seperates

Further information: 

Both the unit and remote control are in excellent condition. Comes with original Remote control, printed manual and power cable.

Extra Info:  The RSP-1570 has 4 x HDMI 1.3 inputs all with 1080p/24 Hz compliance, including 3D bypass, a dual 32 bit DSP processor and 24 bit/192kHz burr brown DACs. It supports Deep Color and xvYCC video options. Comes updated with all the latest firmware for Video Scaler, Audio and Processor. It also features separate speaker/sub crossover and delay settings, “lip synch†delay, 8ch analogue multi-input with sub pass-through or sub redirect feature and pure analogue bypass mode. 6 assignable 12-volt triggers, multiple IR connections and multi room zone outputs.

Features & Specifications:

Decodable input signals: Dolby Digital, DD-EX, DTS, DTS-ES, DTS 96/24, DTS ES 96/24, 192k LCPM, Dolby TrueHD, DTS HD Master.
Dual Sub Outputs
Pure analogue bypass mode
DVD-A auto detection
“Lip synch†delay
Audio Inputs: 3 coaxial, 4 optical, 8 analogue stereo, 1 analogue multi-channel (7.1 with bass management)
Video Inputs: 4 HDMI (ver. 1.3) 3 component, 3 composite, 3 s-video
Audio Outputs: 1 coaxial, 1 optical, 3 analogue stereo
Video Outputs: 1 HDMI, 1 Component, 3 composite, 3 s-video
Pre-Outs: 10 at 1v (dual centre outputs, dual subwoofer outputs)
RS232 Port
4 independent Zones
Dimensions: 144 mm H x 431mm W x 335mm D
Weight: 9.6 kg
Colour: Silver finish.

Full details and specs:

http://rotel.com/sites/default/files/product/infosheets/RSP1570_InfoSheet.pdf

Owners Manual:

http://rotel.com/sites/default/files/product/manuals/RSP-1570-OM.pdf

Reviews:

http://www.soundandvision.com/content/rotel-rsp-1570-surround-processor-and-rmb-1575-amplifier#1AFhwpMMBZRHvUxw.97

http://hometheaterhifi.com/reviews/receiver-processor/processors/rotel-rsp-1570/

http://www.avrev.com/home-theater-preamplifiers/av-preamps/rotel-rsp-1570-7.1-processor-preamplifier-.html

Dimensions Drawing:

http://rotel.com/sites/default/files/product/drawings/pdf/RSP-1570.pdf

Photos: Advertisements without photos of the actual item will not be approved.

IMG_1660.JPG

IMG_1661.JPG

IMG_1662.JPG

IMG_1663.JPG

IMG_1664.JPG

Edited by RBN1

Amazing processor and great price - I used one of these for years without any issues whatsoever and the sound was fantastic!! 

It is now retired in the archive (yes there is a thread about it here) with my other surround gear and I will never part with it!

GLWTS!!

Thanks!

And SOLD before the weekend's up! :)

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Classifieds Statistics

Currently Active Ads

Total Sales (Since 2018)

Total Sales Value (Last 14 Days)

Total Ads Value (Since March 2020)
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By PKay
      Item Condition: Excellent Shipping Options: Pickup available but audition is not available.,Shipping is available at agreed cost. Suburb or Town: Artarmon or Forestville State: New South Wales Payment Method: cash, EFT, Paypal as friend Reason for selling: Not used Further information:  I am selling this amp for my brother - it is in excellent codition with very little use. Postage is available as my brother has the original boxes but local pick up is preferred.  See 3rd picture for little mark which is hardly visible.

Review from TNT

There has always been an inherent rightness about the idea of an integrated amplifier. The efficiencies are impressive, the compromises mostly imagined. With the modern additions of display and a properly implemented remote control the integrated becomes all the more appealing. Now there are integrated and then there are integrateds: The sometimes classic (Naim) and sometimes overrated (fill in the blank) British offerings are not what I have in mind. For some reason, the Brits just don't seem to get the fact that an integrated needs real world power to be of real world use. Rotel is a company that knows how build high powered amplifiers, so when I found out that their flagship RA-1070 was said to be happy driving a tough 4 ohm load, I was quick to request a sample.
      The RA-1070 is the latest in a spate of offerings wherein the product's look and performance really threaten a redefining of the high end. There was a time when such a product would have cost well over $2000. While the old guard high end companies have product lines that continually reach higher and higher, the larger mid-level companies seem willing and able to supply more music for the dollar. It may be time to ask why...
      This is a very attractive piece of gear. My review sample is silver and black, but the 1070 can also be had in the more traditional all black. The faceplate of the unit is cleverly designed to suggest a more hefty look through the use of substantial black aluminum handles. In fact, the silver center section of the face is quite thin (as is the top cover) yet the unit looks and feels quite solid. A large motor-driven volume pot dominates the face. When operational, there's an illuminated section that indicates its relative rotational position. In an interesting nod to the days of tone & loudness controls, there's a four position contour control which allows for accentuation and attenuation of bass and treble. I left that control in the off position for all of the evaluation period. The rear panel is well laid out with proper 5-way binding posts situated near the center of the panel making it easy to connect even the most unwieldy cables. The usual IEC 320 connector is used, but in an odd twist, this Rotel floats the ground: This is very likely of no concern in typical use, but could be an issue in systems requiring a specific grounding scheme or extensive use of truly balanced devices.
      The RA-1070 uses a relay as a turn-on/off stabilization device and also as a protection device in case of overheating or shorted cables. The relay can be clearly heard when powering the unit up and down. With the exception of the speaker and contour control switches, all of the RA-1070's functions can be controlled by the superb remote. This is truly a wonderful remote...it can readily learn the remote codes for all of your other gear and allows you to use the Rotel remote to control an entire system. It is also possible to customize the unit's display to indicate associated equipment by specific name rather than type. The only negative that I should mention is that while it is possible to turn the somewhat bright display off, the unit isn't designed to remember that setting. So, the very next time the Rotel is turned on the display again needs to be turned off. This is a real shame as the display off setting is very well implemented. With the display in the off position, the display momentarily illuminates whenever a control is changed. Once the change is complete the display goes out. On a teeny-tiny but slightly tacky note: The motorized volume pot indicates that the RA-1070 is in mute by flashing its position indicator. While effective, I find this solution better suited to products of a lesser pedigree than Rotel.
      Sound
      The Rotel RA-1070 is a very suave sounding piece of gear. Right out of box it has a sound that is relaxed and assured. There are absolutely no hi-fi dramatics to this amp just a competent and musical presentation. The unit looks like it sounds like it functions...sensibly, controlled and without fanfare. The essential test of tone and timber that I like to use first is the Byron Janis. The piano is clear and open with a slightly soft presentation. It is less than muted but less authoritative than it should be. Overall tonality is quite good bordering on excellent. At well over 100 watts into 8 and 4 ohm loads, it sounds even more powerful in use than the ratings would indicate.
      Iris DeMent's voice is possessed of its usual plaintive clarity if again just slightly softened. There was no aspect of the voice's fundamental or attack that was lacking but rather a subtle sense of shading toward the warm and dark. Now, on the period strings of the Corelli, the sound was quite open and pure with an excellent sense of space and air. The guitars of Krushevo were also recreated with an appropriate portrayal of acoustic speed and timbre.
      It is sometimes possible to go too far in one direction and I felt that the Rotel RA-1070 was less prone to this softening when used with my usual digital reference rather than the also excellent RCD1070. It may be that my system's overall resolution requires just a bit more raw musical information that the Rotel combination can create. More than anything, this is likely to be a matter of personal preference and perhaps most importantly the room/system interface. In any event, I appreciate the RA-1070 more when using my reference digital rig and analog.
      Ah, analog
      I will rue the day that there are no more phono stages. One of the most appealing qualities of the Rotel RA-1070 is its lovely phono stage. It is really quite excellent. The Sonny Landreth pressing quickly reveals the essence of a phono stage. First of all, it is dead silent. A noisy phono stage will overlay a hum over the blackness of the virgin vinyl. The phono stage of the 1070 is fully capable of differentiating a good pressing from one made from old combs. The Landreth LP has some wild dynamic swings from cut to cut. The Rotel really handles the range with aplomb. In contrast to the linestage's less assertive style, the phono stage of the 1070 is incisive and full of verve.
      As I got the Rotel RA-1070 ready for the return trip to Rotel, I had to make my system ready for some fairly large, typically high end separates. I was miserable. Not only was I going to miss the functional simplicity of the Rotel and its remote I was already missing the elegance of having all of the voltage gain and current swing in one box. Here I was on my hands and knees looking for interconnects and power cords while trying to fit the new separates into the swollen component rack. There, on the floor, the Rotel RA-1070 was staring at me as if to say, there is an easier way!
      There's just no arguing the fact that using an integrated amplifier makes for a more simple system. What the Rotel RA-1070 proves is that such convenience does not have to come with an unbearable loss of musicality. The 1070 is comfortable with tough loads and very easy to listen to and there is just no way to complain about its design and functionality. Maybe someday I will retire from reviewing. When I do, it will hopefully be an easier and simpler time...a time, I hope, of music. When that day comes it would be a pleasure to spend my time listening to the Rotel RA-1070, the bother and hassle of separate components just a distant memory. Until then, I trust that you'll get out and try to hear the 1070. You may find that the simple life of the Rotel RA-1070 is for you. Highly recommended.
      © Copyright 2003 M. L. Gneier - https://www.tnt-audio.com
      HTML by: Andrea De Marco

SPECS
      AUDIO
      Response Bandwidth 4 - 100000 Hz Signal-To-Noise Ratio 102 dB Total Harmonic Distortion 0.03 % AUDIO SYSTEM
      Type amplifier Subcategory audio components Functions amplifier Sound Output Mode stereo Additional Features A/B/A+B speaker switch Tone Control Yes POWER DEVICE
      Power Consumption Operational 400 Watt HEADER
      Brand Rotel Product Line Rotel Model RA-1070 Packaged Quantity 1 BUILT-IN DISPLAY
      Type fluorescent MISCELLANEOUS
      Color black Color Category black AMPLIFIER
      Input Impedance 33 KOhm Input Sensitivity 1.5 V AMPLIFIER OUTPUT DETAILS
      Output Power / Channel 100 Watt Output Impedance / Channel 8 Ohm Frequency Response 20 - 20000 Hz Total Harmonic Distortion (THD) 0.03 % Channel Type main Channel Qty 2 INPUTS & OUTPUTS
      Headphone Jack Yes REMOTE CONTROL
      Type universal remote control Remote Control Technology infrared ACCESSORIES
      Remote Control Type Universal remote control - infrared Features LCD display, learning AUDIO SPECIFICATIONS
      Type Amplifier Frequency Response 4 - 100000 Hz Signal-To-Noise Ratio 102 dB POWER
      Form Factor internal BATTERY / POWER
      Type power supply CONNECTIONS
      Qty 1, 2, 3, 4, 7 Type audio line-in, audio line-out, headphones, network, phono input, preamplifier out, remote control, speakers output, trigger Connector Type RCA x 2, RJ-45, banana/spade x 2, phone stereo 6.3 mm Connector Location front, rear DIMENSIONS & WEIGHT
      Width 16.9 in Depth 14.2 in Height 4.8 in Weight 22.71 lbs GENERAL
      Manufacturer Rotel of America  

Photos: Advertisements without photos of the actual item will not be approved.

• By Naz.shr
      Item: Budget CD Player in good working order
      Price Range: 150 - 350
      Item Condition: Used
      Extra Info: Looking for a good condition used CD player from reputable brands - NAD, Rotel, Marantz, Denon etc. Currently using a cheap Sony cd player model CDP-397 and looking to upgrade to a better player. Bought a 5 disc sony player recently and had to get rid of it as it produced a loud hum.
      I am in Perth (6060) Thank you.

• By JaJo
      Hi folks, I currently have a Rotel RCD 965BX CD player (coupled to a HK 6500 integrated amp and a pair of JBL L80t3 speakers), and considering buying something new, namely the Rotel RCD 1572 at around 1,200 AUD. Will it be a better CD player (uses a Wolfson DAC)? Do I need to spend that much to upgrade? Grateful for your thoughts. Thanks a lot, Jaime
    • By Eagleeyes
      Price: $700 Item Condition: Excellent Shipping Options: Pickup available but audition is not available.,Pickup available and you can audition.,Shipping is included in price. Suburb or Town: Perth State: Western Australia Payment Method: Paypal, cash, EFT Reason for selling: Upgraded and unused.   Further information: 

Includes freight Australia wide and Stereo net contribution.

The RB-1572 power amp is rated at a very healthy 250 watts into 8 ohms, 500 into 4 ohms. This is excellent oomph and as usual I'm amazed by the power Rotel gets from the comparatively tiny boxes of its Class D amps.

RB1572 is a very impressive stereo power amp with 250W x 2 into 8 ohms, doubling to 500W into 4 ohms.

Rotel RB-1572 Stereo Power Amplifier
      The perfect partner to the Rotel RMB-1575 if wanting to go 7.1, or as a hugely capable stereo power amp in a music only system, this power amplifier packs 250W x 2 into 8 ohms, doubling to 500W into 4 ohms. Featuring class ultra linear circuitry within a compact chassis, the unit has low distortion wideband circuitry to deliver spin tingling sound quality in movies and music alike.

http://hometheatrecinema.blogspot.com/2012/02/rotel-rb-1572-review.html

Rotel RB-1572 review
         I began auditioning amps to replace a Sunfire Series 1 Load Invariant and an Anthem MCA20 – noteworthy at the respective price points in their day and for the Sunfire: novel. Appreciating the ideas and most of the execution designed into the Sunfire, I continued on a path of operational efficiency, while needing the replacements to: edit the signal as little as possible, remain stable under varying load and signal conditions, offer logically laid-out/easily accessible connections, pleasing aesthetics, utilitarian machine functions – under 2.5 grand for 7 channels.

Through researching a good cross-section of designs core to my interest for the past year, I became intrigued by the favorable reviews and comments in the direction of designs employing either Hypex or B&O (ICE) modules. This quickly turned into a solidified interest and diligence as it does many times paid off in the form of a press release: touting the introduction of Rotel’s 15 Series.

My last brush with Rotel was many years ago having given a high school graduation present to a nephew consisting of a PS Audio 4.5, Rotel RB-981 and Eminent Technology LFT VIII’s. Back then it was a fun setup, but since then Rotel (for a few specific reasons) has been off the radar as a serious consideration for anything I’d put into a “cost-effective” system. Mild reservations aside, along with knowing the 15’s were just introduced at the ’08 CEDIA with updated Class D amps, in my price range and they just started shipping... I quickly made way to my local friendly neighborhood Rotel 15 Series merchant in Ann Arbor to see if they’re worth it!

Day 1
      Before hitting the mid-fi area, I looked through their high-end room knowing that I most likely would want to audition the amp(s) there. This practice helps me discern what a component may be adding to/deleting from the signal and better understand if I want to pass on the component, audition further at home or just buy it. It also helps an open-minded high-end dealer become better aware of their mid-fi equipment and eschew possibly pre-conceived notions concerning limitations; therefore I, the dealer and prospective customers to a given product - benefit.

Program Material
      • Patricia Barber – Café Blue

Room:
      Roughly 14' x 16' x 10'

Rig:
      • Denon DVD1800 Blu-ray player
      • Transparent HPHDMI (when video)
      • Rotel RSP-1570 Processor 
      • Transparent MusicLink interconnects
      • Rotel RB-1572 250w 2-channel amp
      • Rotel RMB-1565 100w 5-channel amp
      • Tranparent The Wall Plus speaker cable
      • B&W 703 series 7.1 system
      • ~ $15.5k in equip and cabling

After a tour of wares from Wilson Audio, B&W, JL Audio, Krell, Wadia and Runco, I made my way to the ‘mid-fi room’ containing the Rotels, met a very cool member of the staff and began an all too brief encounter with the RMB-1565 (5 channels 100w/8Ω 200w/4Ω). With ~ 50 hours under it’s belt, it helped convey a strong campaign for putting the 2-channel version through its paces in one of their better rigs on the following day. The salesperson agreed and told me he would have it set up and running before I got there. Excellent; we said our goodbyes and the stage was set!

Day 2
      Program Material
      • Patricia Barber – Café Blue
      • Stephen King's The Stand – Original Television Soundtrack
      • Cantate Domino by Oscar's Motet Choir
      • Loreena McKennitt – The Mask and Mirror

Room:
      Roughly 15' x 18' x 10' treated with Real Traps

Rig:
      • Wadía 781i Mult-format player
      • Krell EVO707 Preamp
      • Transparent (single-ended) Super interconnects
      • Krell Evolution 600 Monoblocks 
      • Transparent Reference MM2 Speaker Cable
      • Wilson  WATT/Puppy System 8
      • ~ $100K

• Evaluation component: RB-1572 (2 channels 250/8Ω 500w/4Ω) with roughly 50 hours on it.

Given the company it was in, I entertained the possibility that the 1572 would give a valiant effort and possibly fail to one degree or another with its variation of common characteristics found in relatively inexpensive Class A/B amps (leaner side of neutral, tight somewhat dry bass, good dynamics, slight loss of instrument body in the midrange, appreciable but somewhat bright upper-octave performance, etc.), which can be very easy to hear. However, seeing that Rotel is spinning their latest take with ICE Topology in this series, I was certainly open as to why... 

Before the first track of Café Blue hit the Wadia, I remembered my nephew and the first Rotel I purchased as I was about to compare its diminutive “statement” Class D successor against Krell’s sizeable statement Class A Monoblocks in a very revealing system. Amused at the David and Goliath visage sitting on the floor, I was sure that David was just about to get his ass kicked… As I’ve been a musician since age 3 and got into audio ‘bout the time I was 8, I’m no stranger to live music and certainly know what to listen for when it’s reproduced. Even still, it’s always fun in this hobby when something pleasantly catches you completely off guard, because roughly 30 seconds into the disc - I was not fully prepared for the levels of nuance, neutrality, micro dynamics soundstaging and imaging being reproduced; I sat surprised at what this rogue started to do. From there it was a series of 7 or so bouts between the Krells and Rotel with the sales person moving interconnects and cables when I needed.

Roughly two hours later, it came down to this: Between the frequency extremes, the Rotel is just as neutral as the Krell except the latter squeezes out a tiny bit more information at the upper and lower octaves; and the soundstage was slightly more defined as was the imaging. Comparatively its presentation is neither forward nor laid back; dynamic swells in choral music are accomplished without congealing individual voices and the soundstage into a globular mass as everything remains stable with the sonic signature and position of each voice unaltered. By way of contrast, reproduction of acoustic instruments such as drums and stand-up bass keep the attack and sustain along with the character of the instrument body – unaltered except for an incredibly small degree in the lower end. In other words its roughly 98% there, the Krell just does it that much better. It never clipped, lost composure or turn noticeably warm to the touch and it was being done at realistic volume levels for that room. In fact, seeing that the Krells raised the room temp. to roughly 80 degrees, the Rotels were noticeably cooler than the warmer air just above them.

Pros: 
      • Incredible sonic performance across the board!
      • Ree-DICULOUS bang-for-the-buck!
      • Efficient (Tech. Support wasn't sure how much).
      • Output doubles as ohms are halved.
      • Temporarily handles 2Ω dips.
      • RB-1572 provides an extra set of outputs for bi-amping, or driving another pair of speakers.
      • 12v trigger input and output.
      • Very light weight.
      • Local support (providing there’s a dealer in your area): hopefully they’ll be knowledgeable and down-to-Earth enough to take time to work with you as they did with me in Ann Arbor. Conversely I had to be respectable of their foot traffic and worked with my salesperson to find time slots to get the things done that I needed.
      • Don’t have to wait for shipping before you can audition (providing your dealer is stocked).
      • 5 year warranty garnering a free replacement in the first year should the amp fail for any reason.
      • finished in silver or black.
      • Contemporary inoffensive utilitarian look.

Cons:
      • Blue light around the power button doesn’t dim; there should be a user-selectable switch for this function (i.e.: Theater Dimming – disengaged, Level 1, level 2, Off).
      • Connections on the rear aren’t logically laid-out on the 5-channel.
      • No balanced inputs (ICE Modules are balanced in and out).
      • Output connections are too close together. Who is Rotel?
      Rotel is a Japanese, 50 year old family business dedicated to designing and manufacturing the finest affordable hifi and home cinema components available on the market. Note that Rotel manufactures core components as well as assembling them into complete products, and so has total control over quality and sound characteristics.
      Rotel has over half a century's worth of experience in designing, developing and constructing audio equipment to the finest standards, retaining an affordable price and impressive performance. Rotel design and construct everything from the core components to the finished products themselves, in their own factories under their own high standards of quality control. This category focuses on Rotel's range of highly capable 2 channel and 5 channel power amplifiers.

Featuring class ultra linear circuitry within a compact chassis, the unit has low distortion wide band circuitry to deliver spin tingling sound quality in movies and music alike.

> 250 watts x 2 channels high performance audio amplifier
      > 500 watts x 2 channels 4 ohms
      > Class D energy efficient design
      > 12 volt trigger
      > Five way binding posts
      > 2U cabinet

Power Output250 watts x 2ch (20-20 kHz, 0.03% THD, 8 ohms)IM Distortion< 0.03%Damping Factor (8 ohms)400Gain27.1 dBInput Sens. / Impedance1.5 V / 8.3 k ohmsFrequency Response10 - 80 kHz (+/-3dB)S/N Ratio (IHF A)109 dBPower Consumption280 WattsDimensions (W x H x D)431 x 99 x 339 mmWeight7.8 kg

• By stubo0179
      Item: Rotel RB-1080 power amplifier or equivalent 
      Price Range: 600 - 1000
      Item Condition: New demo or used
      Extra Info: After a well looked after Rotel power amplifier to match my RMB-1075, so preferably a RB-1080 in silver and black. They will be powering my mains for music duties primarily and movie duties (Energy C9 Connoisseur). But I'm open to a newer RB-1582 if available or demo. But if you have something along those lines and similar priced then by all means let me know. Cheers  

Please don't forget to report your post as FOUND when possible. (You can now delete this text).