Why is Adelaide/SA home of many great Australian-made speaker manufacturers ?

3 hours ago, ikhuong said:

How long to wait? As per article, he makes like 6 pairs a month.

also, did you buy direct manufacturers?

thanks if you can share

actually i delayed the delivery / payments as we are renovating our place. didnt want to move the speakers from one place to another. Yes i purchased my speakers straight from Nick.

• Like 4
On 14/05/2020 at 2:33 PM, metal beat said:

Nothing else to do , cheap land and cheap booze 🤣

Land yes, Booze not so much.

And pfft there is heaps to do here. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Every night, when I listen to my Hulgich Dukes, I am repeatedly surprised how sub-$20k can sound this good. 

When I auditioned some 6-figure TOTL speakers from Focal, MBL, Raidho, sure I liked the sound but they were in the realm of unaffordable for me. But now the Duke is making me want to spend the same amount of money on a larger room.

I've been quoted north of $200k for a 6x10 home theatre as an extension to the rear of my house. If I have spare change left over I might buy a new DAC, pre or power amp, but the Hulgichs are here to stay.

• Like 4

I have had my Hulgich Ella Mk2 for nearly 2 years and I am still amazed and wowed by them.  

Since owning them I definitely listen to music most nights, way more than I used to.  The Hulgich speakers are a bargain.

• Like 3

I had this whole thing about serial killers also being audiophiles not being happy with available speakers .....

but decided not to piss off a whole state.

Mr Relish

• Haha 1
On 14/05/2020 at 11:00 AM, bryansamui said:

Yes! Mine are are getting made now. Custom builds. (3 weeks away) and the quality of drivers he uses are the ones used in overseas speakers with 5 figure pricetags. 

Hi, Was interested in the Ascension speakers. But never could find a place to hear them. How would you describe the sound or a comparable brand?

13 minutes ago, 2Dculture said:

Hi, Was interested in the Ascension speakers. But never could find a place to hear them. How would you describe the sound or a comparable brand?

Hi Michael.. Haven't heard them.. Mine arrive in about a week.. Have literally taken a punt on their reputation.. One person owns them after ridding a $5,000 pair of ATCscm19... Another preferred them to some very expensive B&W and his next upgrade after owning them was $10,000 pair of German speakers.. Asensions by all accounts have deep tuneful bass (transmission line) clear detailed mids and a smooth detailed treble ( no dreaded 'icepick in the ear'.. Relaxed easy listen, great accurate( not bloated) bass.. I will post some info i get them.. They have a big reputation. Mine are a 1 off Custom build large. Stand Mount. Look like a Spendor 1/2 (google that).. They're going to be in white.. 

Cheers. 

On 17/05/2020 at 10:50 PM, bryansamui said:

Hi Michael.. Haven't heard them.. Mine arrive in about a week.. Have literally taken a punt on their reputation.. One person owns them after ridding a $5,000 pair of ATCscm19... Another preferred them to some very expensive B&W and his next upgrade after owning them was $10,000 pair of German speakers.. Asensions by all accounts have deep tuneful bass (transmission line) clear detailed mids and a smooth detailed treble ( no dreaded 'icepick in the ear'.. Relaxed easy listen, great accurate( not bloated) bass.. I will post some info i get them.. They have a big reputation. Mine are a 1 off Custom build large. Stand Mount. Look like a Spendor 1/2 (google that).. They're going to be in white.. 

Cheers. 

Oh... I'm more curious about them now. Looking forward to your thoughts. I'm quite interested in their bookshelf speakers. 

• Like 1

Here in Queensland we have Lenehan Audio on the Gold Coast for speakers, and within 10m of Mikes workshop there's Gieseler Audio for your DAC needs  ;)