SOLD: Sansui au g99x integrated amplifier alpha series or xballanced

Posted (edited)
Item Condition: Used
Shipping Options: Pickup available but audition is not available.,Shipping is included in price.
Suburb or Town: Wantirna 3152
State: Victoria
Payment Method: Cash PayPal
Reason for selling: Nlr

One of the first of the alpha series and the most powerful integrated amplifier.Serviced ,byased by Dallas (of Clarke audio),he mentioned that the circuit design is similar to the Vitus amplifier ,everything working as should. I think it's rated at 160 or 170 watts @ 8 ohms.It is an Australian voltage amp,no need for stepdown transformer,good phonostage apparently (never used).Some small scratches as per pictures. No box but i can pack and send at buyers expense and risk.It weighs 18kg

Photos: Advertisements without photos of the actual item will not be approved.

20200513_105835.jpg

20200513_105854.jpg

20200513_105906.jpg

20200513_110002.jpg

20200513_110013.jpg

20200513_110024.jpg

20200513_110413.jpg

Edited by 7502dan
Incomplete info
3 hours ago, 7502dan said:
One of the first of the alpha series

This model features the X-balanced circuit topology, but was released prior to the 'Alphas' which were an evolution of the X-balanced design.

It's a very nice sounding amp, with 160WPC into 8 ohms - just like the big top-of-the-line AU-alpha907 models from Japan which followed.

Best of luck with the sale!

Just reading from "best of Sanui"x balanced is the technology that Sansui adopted and later called alpha or i could completely misunderstood, i will ad that to the title,thanks

Just reading again,i think that international models were not labeled alpha?only Japanese one's, they had alpha and non alpha running in parallel on the production line

Screenshot_20200513-180150_Samsung Internet.jpg

Ok I think we 've got it by now.

Lovely looking amp. I am sure it will find an appreciative new owner.

15 hours ago, 7502dan said:

Just reading again,i think that international models were not labeled alpha?only Japanese one's, they had alpha and non alpha running in parallel on the production line

Screenshot_20200513-180150_Samsung Internet.jpg

It's easiest if you break it down into the generations of amp.

As per the above, the AU-G99X is a sixth-generation amp released in 1984, and featured the X-balanced topology - as per your images above which say "X-balanced amp section". 

In 1986 the seventh-generation  amps were released and the 'alpha' X-balanced topology was introduced. Regardless of whether it is a JDM series amp (with the Greek 'alpha' character included in the model name) or the 1987 'international' models without alpha in the title (i.e. AU-X701, AU-X901) they are all branded 'alpha x-balanced' on the front and all contain the evolved 'alpha' x-balanced circuitry. 

For the avoidance of doubt, this is the front of the AU-X701:

701 xbalanced.jpg

Thanks for the clarification, so it has the alpha written at the bottom  not part of the the name .Anyway the amp is sold pending clearance of funds.thanks to everyone for your advice and good coments.

1 hour ago, 7502dan said:

Thanks for the clarification, so it has the alpha written at the bottom  not part of the the name .Anyway the amp is sold pending clearance of funds.thanks to everyone for your advice and good coments.

Excellent news - congrats!! The buyer will be very pleased.