Bookshelf speakers journey

Still checking them out......

Wharfedale EVO 4.1, Linton, and B&W 705.......   Linton came out as preference they’re $3k  Audiotrends have a damaged pair for $500 less, it’s a slight Nick in the right side where the cover goes in, a bit of wood work and some dark paint will stop the eye from zeroing in.....

On 23/06/2020 at 9:21 AM, Addicted to music said:

Wharfedale EVO 4.1, Linton, and B&W 705.......   Linton came out as preference they’re $3k  Audiotrends have a damaged pair for $500 less, it’s a slight Nick in the right side where the cover goes in, a bit of wood work and some dark paint will stop the eye from zeroing in.....

I just bought a pair of Lintons. Still running them in, they sound very nice so far, musical with good presentation and separation. Look sensational too.

On 23/06/2020 at 11:21 AM, Addicted to music said:

I also looked at Wharfdale range. Ended up purchasing Evo 4.1’s and a par of Lintons.  After a few days of listening the Lintons are quite special and I think will only get better as the loosen up.  Especially for the price. Very musical.  Would highly recommend.  The Evo 4.1’s are a real surprise.   Great for their size. 

Edited by Bill125812

• 3 months later...

+ 1 for Axis Voicebox S

Had them for 5 years, upgraded my system around them during that time and they have kept pace very nicely. Paired mine with a Rythmik Audio 12SE, the combo works very well and causes me regular sleep deprivation ?

i don’t think their normal price @ $2500~ is expensive at all considering what they bring to the table, but seen them on sale for a steal. I’d never sell mine and I have a few speakers around, it probably speaks for itself...pardon the pun!

https://simplyhifi.com.au/product/axis-voice-box-s-loudspeaker/

Edited by Nicolai