Sign in to follow this  
wolster

Spotify matching donations to support artists

Opened Spotify this morning and saw an announcement that Spotify are donating up to $10M to support artists and their support crew around the world. You can select the organisation, donate and they match your donation.

I chose 'Support Act', here in Australia. This is a a brilliant initiative at a time when artists are unable to do gigs.

More info here

Apologies if this has already been mentioned.

I only just saw this.  As I don't often look at the web version (I use connect), I was unaware.  Good on them, and I'll be donating, also to Support Act.

I had a fairly terse conversation with a friend the other day about struggling musos, and the arts sector more broadly.  They were of the belief that all artists were super rich.  She is young, and only has exposure to the big names.  I grew up in a time when nearly every pub had live music every weekend.  This is long gone now, but what is left of this scene has come to a screaming halt, and many are doing it tough.  They deserve all the help we can give them.

BTW, I think I opened her eyes a bit.