FS: Fisher X-100A tube integrated amplifier

Item Condition: Excellent
Shipping Options: Pickup available but audition is not available.,Pickup available and you can audition.,Shipping is included in price.
Suburb or Town: Sunbury
State: Victoria
Payment Method: EFT, Cash on pickup, PayPal (+fee)
Reason for selling: Need more power

Up for sale is the legendary The Fisher X-100A tube integrated. Just before I bought it, the previous owner had it fully serviced and refurbished by a qualified veteran tube tech who brought it up to its original factory specs (I have personally spoken to the tech and verified that he indeed serviced the amp. Happy to provide details to any potential buyers.) As a result, its is in great working condition and needs no work. All controls and knobs are original and they operate with zero noise or crackling. Amp itself if dead silent when no music playing even right up to the speakers.

I bought it hoping to get a high sensitive tube friendly speakers but that plan did not work out due to lack of funds. So need to sell this on unfortunately as its practically not best suited to my Lenehan MLT3 speakers that seem to like powerful amp. Although, its only rated at 17w + 17w, it could still drive my Lenehan MLT3 speakers to decent volume levels without any issues and I do use it once in a while.

Cosmetically, its in very good condition given that it is a 60 years old piece! Functionally, it operates perfectly. 

Currently has quad of JJ EL84 tubes in power stage, and a mix of JJ and new issue Mullard and some NOS in pre stage.

Pick up preferred due to delicate nature of the amp. But I am happy to pack it up really well if buyer arranges their own shipping at their cost and risk.

Any questions, please feel free to ask! Cheers.

Further information: 

Photos: Advertisements without photos of the actual item will not be approved.

IMG_20200325_213111.jpg

IMG_20200325_213057.jpg

IMG_20200511_203602.jpg

IMG_20200511_203512.jpg

IMG_20200512_095343.jpg

Edited by MrMojo
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, qlder75 said:

Can we get a photo from the rear?

Does this have the enclosure?

Hey @qlder75, I have now added a pic from the rear. Sorry this one has no enclosure, not sure if it ever came with one.

Sorry about the dust on the transformers, should have given it a bit of dusting before taking a pic.

Edited by MrMojo