SOLD: FS: [MEL] Thorens TD 160 + Parts

SOLD
Item Condition: Used - Some Components in Good Condition
Shipping Options: Pickup available but audition is not available.,Pickup available and you can audition.
Suburb or Town: Wheelers Hill
State: Victoria
Payment Method: PayPal, Cash on Pickup
Reason for selling: No Longer Required

Further information: 

I bought my first Thorens TD 160 B MkII in 1978, and have had a succession of them since. 

As a consequence, I have accumulated a number of parts over the years, so it's time for a cleanout.

Items included in this sale are:

• Thorens TD 160 B MkII, with a Pro-Ject M303 motor. I purchased this turntable purely for the hinges. I have never run the turntable, so cannot vouch for the speed stability etc. There is no original Thorens motor, however all the mechanical components to reinstall the speed changer etc are included. The acrylic cover has no cracks, but there are some scuff marks that may buff out. The hinges are still on the turntable - I found another set online for the project I was working on at the time. The armboard is the standard plastic SME version.

• Thorens TD 160 B MkII plinth and base board - these are from my original turntable. The plinth is a bit rough, but still usable.

I'm not interested in parting these items out.

I will ship at buyers expense if required, but local pickup is preferred.

Any questions, send them through.

Photos: Advertisements without photos of the actual item will not be approved.

DSC_5904.JPG

DSC_5921.JPG

DSC_5902.JPG

DSC_5915.JPG

DSC_5905.JPG

DSC_5907.JPG

DSC_5918.JPG

DSC_5912.JPG

DSC_5922.JPG

That's interesting. The project motor is 300 rpm and the original Thorens is 275 rpm at 50 hz. Can you tell me what the diameter of the pulley is or where you got it from? Wish you were closer and I was quicker.

Regards

Kffern

Edited by kffern