Marc

HONG KONG: 2020 Audiotechnique AV Show is still happening

image.png

https://www.audiotechnique.com/avshow-1

Not that I will be going, but surprisingly it's going ahead. I just spoke to the organisers who confirmed this. 

Hong Kong is still not letting traffic in from China, and airlines are not allowing non-HK residents into HK, so at best I guess it will be a much smaller domestic show.

We can hope...

I don’t think a Hong Kong visit is on the cards - unless you want to risk arbitrary detention by the Chinese Communist Party who’s got it in for all Australians?? Even considering post Covid travel restrictions being lifted.

Official announcement (via Facebook translation):

in the past few months, due to the epidemic spread to countries around the world, it has disrupted the plans of factory licenses and agents. Originally held in October, the industry's leading audio show - Germany's high-end show was cancelled, and three after another. Bone Row Effect, the sound show in other countries in Asia are either postponed or cancelled. If there is no accident, Hong Kong av head-fi show will be the first major audio exhibition this year, all participating agents, ignoring the adversity. Show must go on! Coming to this moment, we announce that the audiovisual exhibition will be held from 7 TO 8TH TO 9 at wan chai convention and exhibition centre, Hong Kong, 2TH FLOOR CONFERENCE HALL 3 Welcome to join us."
We Are Ready !

There are some industry members I know (frequent international travellers) that are absolutely gobsmacked this show is continuing or even being allowed to continue.

Just about every trade show, in every industry, all around the world is cancelled I believe. 

Can't imagine be many aussies if any going to hong kong for this ? perhaps very much a local affair ?. Can't imagine many industry folk going either.... given not only covid but HK-China situation...but i guess we can watch and see...

5 hours ago, Marc said:

Official announcement (via Facebook translation):

There are some industry members I know (frequent international travellers) that are absolutely gobsmacked this show is continuing or even being allowed to continue.

Just about every trade show, in every industry, all around the world is cancelled I believe. 

Marc.  have you cancelled our usual table @ Taboo?  😎:)

Edited by metal beat

12 hours ago, metal beat said:

Marc.  have you cancelled our usual table @ Taboo?  😎:)

Sadly yes. They'd ordered up big on Espresso Martini supplies in anticipation of our visit too. 

Much disappointment.