HONG KONG: 2020 Audiotechnique AV Show is still happening

• Administrator

image.png

https://www.audiotechnique.com/avshow-1

Not that I will be going, but surprisingly it's going ahead. I just spoke to the organisers who confirmed this. 

Hong Kong is still not letting traffic in from China, and airlines are not allowing non-HK residents into HK, so at best I guess it will be a much smaller domestic show.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I don’t think a Hong Kong visit is on the cards - unless you want to risk arbitrary detention by the Chinese Communist Party who’s got it in for all Australians?? Even considering post Covid travel restrictions being lifted.

• Administrator

Official announcement (via Facebook translation):

in the past few months, due to the epidemic spread to countries around the world, it has disrupted the plans of factory licenses and agents. Originally held in October, the industry's leading audio show - Germany's high-end show was cancelled, and three after another. Bone Row Effect, the sound show in other countries in Asia are either postponed or cancelled. If there is no accident, Hong Kong av head-fi show will be the first major audio exhibition this year, all participating agents, ignoring the adversity. Show must go on! Coming to this moment, we announce that the audiovisual exhibition will be held from 7 TO 8TH TO 9 at wan chai convention and exhibition centre, Hong Kong, 2TH FLOOR CONFERENCE HALL 3 Welcome to join us."
We Are Ready !

There are some industry members I know (frequent international travellers) that are absolutely gobsmacked this show is continuing or even being allowed to continue.

Just about every trade show, in every industry, all around the world is cancelled I believe. 

• Like 1

Can't imagine be many aussies if any going to hong kong for this ? perhaps very much a local affair ?. Can't imagine many industry folk going either.... given not only covid but HK-China situation...but i guess we can watch and see...

5 hours ago, Marc said:

Official announcement (via Facebook translation):

There are some industry members I know (frequent international travellers) that are absolutely gobsmacked this show is continuing or even being allowed to continue.

Just about every trade show, in every industry, all around the world is cancelled I believe. 

Marc.  have you cancelled our usual table @ Taboo?  ?:)

Edited by metal beat

• Administrator
12 hours ago, metal beat said:

Marc.  have you cancelled our usual table @ Taboo?  ?:)

Sadly yes. They'd ordered up big on Espresso Martini supplies in anticipation of our visit too. 

Much disappointment.

• Haha 2

In view of the recent severe pneumonia epidemic in Hong Kong, in conjunction with the government's stepping up prevention measures and avoid crowding of large crowding, the "Hong Kong Senior Audio-Visual exhibition" will be postponed. Please pay attention to the official announcement in the future ( Official page and Facebook) sorry for any inconvenience.

Hongkong AV Show is postpone.... Just when I bought a new Tshirt..

4185446_0.jpg.f78fb8aecaaa507798f675c92682c78e.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

10 minutes ago, rusty48 said:

Frankly, what with the current political situation, it's likely HK will join my list of 'Nah' countries anyway. 

I think you'll find Hong Kong is not actually a country but a SAR of China. I'm surprised it took them this long to finally cancel the show, surely if it did go ahead it would have been a much smaller event than usual with minimal paying attendees.

• Administrator
25 minutes ago, jeffhk said:

I think you'll find Hong Kong is not actually a country but a SAR of China.

Not necessary - this is not FB where everyone is negative and must strive to outdo one another.

Word on the street is the show has been 'postponed' indefinitely. Yet another show not giving its exhibitors refunds, allegedly.

• Thanks 1

On 13/07/2020 at 3:13 PM, Stump said:

Hongkong AV Show is postpone.... Just when I bought a new Tshirt..

4185446_0.jpg.f78fb8aecaaa507798f675c92682c78e.jpg

Not sure that T-shirt would be popular in Hong Kong, given the new national security laws imposed on them by China?

Edited by Steve M

• Administrator
11 minutes ago, Steve M said:

Not sure that T-shirt would be popular in Hong Kong, given the new national security laws imposed on them by China?

I think that was the point of Stump's post :)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Steve M said:

Now that you point it out there is a lot of subtlety in Stump’s post ...thanks.

Both wrong.The TShirt was more for not ending up in a China rehabilitation camp.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1