Juzbear

FOUND: Linn tonearm compatible cable

Posted (edited)

Item: Linn Compatible 90degree DIN to RCA cable
Price Range: $100
Item Condition: New or Used
Extra Info:  I am looking for a cable for my Basik Plus tonearm for the old LP12 I am putting together from parts, so happy to get something fairly functional rather than hi-end.

Please don't forget to report your post as FOUND when possible. (You can now delete this text).

Edited by Juzbear

3 hours ago, Juzbear said:

Extra Info:  I am looking for a cable for my Basik Plus tonearm for the old LP12 I am putting together from parts, so happy to get something fairly functional rather than hi-end.

Please don't forget to report your post as FOUND when possible. (You can now delete this text).

https://www.aurealisaudio.com.au/phono-cables/. its $164 brand new but you wont find better for the money.

1 hour ago, Eagleeyes said:

https://www.aurealisaudio.com.au/phono-cables/. its $164 brand new but you wont find better for the money.

Thanks- I will have to check out whether they do it in a 90degree version.

18 minutes ago, Juzbear said:

Thanks- I will have to check out whether they do it in a 90degree version.

ring or email Geoff he is very helpful

5 hours ago, Juzbear said:

I have a right-angle phono cable that I made for use with my LP12, about 15 years ago - which I am no longer using.

(You need a cable which is very flexible at the arm end, on an LP12 - otherwise it interferes with the 'bounce'.)

I used very expensive WBT phono plugs - I just need to check that I haven't lost a plug barrel, before I offer it to you.  I'll contact you on Sunday.

Andy

Sorry Justin - I've just had a look and, yes, one of the WBT barrels is lost.  :(

So that makes the cable useless.  :(

Andy

25 minutes ago, andyr said:

Sorry Justin - I've just had a look and, yes, one of the WBT barrels is lost.  :(

So that makes the cable useless.  :(

Andy

Thanks for trying, Andy. I appreciate it. I should be able to get hold of one of the older Linn cables, which will do the trick.

Justin

• Classifieds Statistics

Currently Active Ads

Total Sales (Since 2018)

Total Sales Value (Last 14 Days)

Total Ads Value (Since March 2020)
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By mrf0ster
      Item Condition: Brand New Unused Shipping Options: Pickup available but audition is not available.,Pickup available and you can audition.,Shipping is included in price. Suburb or Town: Brooklyn State: Victoria Payment Method: EFT, Cash on Pickup etc Reason for selling: Went with the Khan Top Plate and never got around to using it. Further information: 
      I bought this 6 years ago from Russ Andrews when thinking about rebuilding my LP12. (I happened to find out about the Khan Top Plate from Tiger Paw and used that instead). So basically this has been sitting in my Garage untouched and unused.
      Thanks for looking.
      Photos: Advertisements without photos of the actual item will not be approved.

• By evil c
      Item Condition: Very good Shipping Options: Pickup available and you can audition.,Shipping is available at agreed cost. Suburb or Town: Glen Waverley State: Victoria Payment Method: Paypal, EFT, Cash on pick up. Reason for selling: NLR need funz Further information: Immaculate condition Linn Sondek turntable which has had full Cirkus upgrade comprising:
      New Bearing Housing, sub chassis, sub platter, New springs & grommets all purchased around 4 years ago.
      Mose & Hercules external PSU Box 33/ 45 speed controller with internal circuit board & switch fitted to LP12. (think were around $650 new)
      (This is a huge step up sonically and in terms of reliability over the standard Valhalla power supply board)
      Silent base Acrylic base fitted with 3 spikes & cups. (normally $260).
      I was using this deck with a Wand tonearm for the last 4 years, just after I bought this deck - and have refitted the Ittok LV11 Arm & Armboard which are in immaculate condition.
      Deck has been stripped, cleaned and assembled with bearing fresh oil replaced - arm height & hydraulic lifter adjusted.
      It has been fitted with am EEI Moving magnet cartridge 3.5mv with a new tip replaced by Garrott Bros. I believe as have never used it.
      Tested and playing records beautifully, and operating flawlessly.
      I have the original carton with accessories, original receipt (from Secher Audio) ,and owners manual still in the box.
      It looks even better condition than when I bought it around 5 years ago, and it was very good then!
      I have priced this very fairly for a quick sale - nothing whatsoever  needs to be done, except if you wish to update the cartridge. 
      Preference given to a local buyer, although theoretically could be posted in original carton.

• By Neo
      Price: $50 Item Condition: 8/10 Shipping Options: Pickup available but audition is not available.,Pickup available and you can audition. Suburb or Town: Lane Cove State: New South Wales Payment Method: PayPal Reason for selling: NLR Further information: condition as pictured, would make an awesome project at home 
      No electronics and the condition of the woofer unknown 
      Photos:

• By Willmax
      I am seeking some advice/opinions from the more experienced members about the Ortofon M20E Super cartridge with Linn Ittok LV II tonearm.
      I have to admit that I am not clued in at all when it comes to cartridge and tonearm combinations, particularly the Linn Sondek LP12 parts and upgrades. 
      My turntable came with this cart/tonearm configuration when I bought it, so I've always wondered if changing to a different cart would yield a sound improvement (no pun intended), not that it sounds bad, I actually don't mind how it sounds at the moment.
      I have a number of carts that I wanted to try but just not sure whether they'd be suitable for the Ittok LV II tonearm, for instance in terms of compliance, etc... 
      Maybe the Ortofon M20E Super is already better than everything else I've got, for example - Denon DL-110 & DL-103 LCII, Ortofon 2M Red, AT95E - Who knows? Over to you...

• By Dacman
      Item: Nordost Red Dawn Leif RCA 1m pair (sold:and Linn RCA 1.2m pair)
      Price: Nordost $375 shipped. Linn $75 shipped
      Item Condition: Perfect
      Reason for selling: NLR cable clear out to fund new gear.
      Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Paypal, COD Only
      Extra Info: