Does anyone have any experience with these? Looking at their top model which is around $1200 for a passive LCR.
Seems like most sound bars are super thin for wall mounting or what not, but have always found such speakers a little thin sounding in the mid range.
These Adelaide speakers soundbars are 20cm deep, and even 30cm deep if you want to sit your TV on top of it. They also have good size drivers, I think maybe 6".

The only think Im not sure about is due to the custom nature of it (can be made, within reason, in custom lengths, depths etc), how this might effect it, given that the "big guys" spend so much on R&D with specific drivers for specific cabinet sizes and whatnot. Also I don't think they claim to have any whizbang soundbar trickery that ive read on some other reviews (to eliminate crosstalk and improve imaging or whatever). But surely good drivers and crossovers in good cabinets is usually a winner?

Any thoughts much appreciated.

Posted (edited)

having met Edward i would say you are getting a speaker that produces good sound, like all his speakers do. . cant say i have used the latest soundbars with all the so called tricks but if that is what you are looking for then i guess stick to that.

more likely Edwards "soundbars" are more of a "speakerbar" than the commercial plastic, bouncy bouncy, room dependant trick bars.

anyway he answers emails and i am sure would be happy to discuss.

Edited by hopefullguy

Yes no doubt and will chat with him when I am further along, was first just hoping for some opinions on people who have tried them out at home, or otherwise just some thoughts on what I can expect. The other thing I was looking at is getting 3 center channel speakers, and essentially lining them up on the console like a soundbar. Not sure if this is better or worse.

I've got one of his larger centres which he custom built for me and it is fantastic. Haven't tried a soundbar but I have two other sets of floor standers as well. Great speakers for the price. I would definitely suggest giving Edward a call. He is extremely helpful and loves a chat.

hmm 3 centre, i doubt it will work how you think.

they would need to be "in series" so if 8ohm would show as 24 or 32ohm? cant put in parallel as it would be sub 2ohm showing to your amp/avr.

as for sound.. the power from your avr/amp would be divided by 3. each speaker would play the same sound and as all will be close together you may get some "combing".. muddy/cancellation etc of sound.

i have tried 2 speakers as a centre but it didnt do much in my room anyway.

Edward can customise it and even make it bigger.

43 minutes ago, hopefullguy said:

hmm 3 centre, i doubt it will work how you think.

they would need to be "in series" so if 8ohm would show as 24 or 32ohm? cant put in parallel as it would be sub 2ohm showing to your amp/avr.

I think he means three centre speakers in a LCR configuration (i.e. the equivalent of one of Edward's big soundbar speakers) rather than three centre speakers all driven by the centre channel only.

oh i get it, makes no sense to do that. no front stage separation. not sure the outcome expected.

Do you think the front stage seperation would be better in a soundbar?

On 07/05/2020 at 9:58 AM, Andre28 said:

The only think Im not sure about is due to the custom nature of it (can be made, within reason, in custom lengths, depths etc), how this might effect it, given that the "big guys" spend so much on R&D with specific drivers for specific cabinet sizes and whatnot

Easy to do.  You shouldn't be concerned about this.

Sub-enclosures for midrange drivers or tweeters would be kept at their required size.

Enclosure for the woofers would either be designed/tuned for the available size (often you want the cabinet to be as large as practical) ... or if "too big" then just simply partitioned off (with some wasted space).

sorry just not sure outcome expected.. placing LRC speakers together, next to each other, on a cabinet vs a soundbar.

well if u have those 3 speakers try it. if you have those 3 speakers why not set them up as they were made for?

having been to Edwards workshop you are comparing a mass produced long plastic box made in a factory to a wooden box speaker that can be modified to your needs. you pay a premium for that.