Sign in to follow this  
fuzzboy

SOLD: FS: Bryston 4B SST PRO - 300W Power Amplifier

Item Condition: Used
Shipping Options: Pickup available but audition is not available.,Shipping is included in price.
Suburb or Town: Glebe
State: New South Wales
Payment Method: PayPal, EFT, COD
Reason for selling: No longer needed

Further information: 

Looking for some additional heft and slam in your isolation listening? This is the amplifier you are looking for, with the sonic hallmarks of a low noise floor and an 'iron fisted control' over bass frequencies, coupled with a neutral presentation and beautiful sound stage and detail. If you are in the market for one then you already know the reputation of this product and how it is still used as a benchmark product in the recording industry.

This amplifer is in excellent condtion, there are a few bumps and scratches on the exterior but nothing visible from a distance. Couple this with Bryston's legendary 20 year transferable warranty that is still applicable and you have the peace of mind in a product that the manufacturer has the utmost faith to stand by. It has been serviced in the last 2 years by the authorised Bryston warranty service centre in Sydney so has a clean bill of health, there is no reason it will not last another 20 years. To emphasise also, It is the Professional version, not the original 4B as this version is much better as well as superior to the original 4BST.

The amplifer comes from a smoke free home and has been well looked after. To be honest, I have moved to a full Naim system so this has been sitting on my rack for a while unused but looks so damn good in your system I'm almost reluctant to part with it.

Suffice to say, it is built like a tank and with its weight of near 25kg I will be sending via my local Pack & Send with full insurance and registration (Aust Post will not deal with these weights). I will keep this delivery charge at a flat rate of $130 to anywhere in Australia with the original packaging intact.

Specifications - 

Design: Two-Channel Solid State Power Amplifier (True DUAL-MONO design)
Power Output: 300 Watts RMS x 2 into 8 Ohms/500 Watts per channel into 4 Ohms/900 Watts bridged into 8 Ohms
MFR: 1 Hz – 100 kHz
Inputs: RCA Unbalanced, XLR Balanced
Input Impedance: 50 kOhms Unbalanced, 20 kOhms Balanced
THD+N: 0.003%
Dimensions: 5.25″ H x 17.25″ W x 19″ D
Weight: 50 Pounds
Max. Power draw: ~2100W
Damping factor: over 500 at 20hz
Soft turn-on, and remote turn-on
Selectable gain settings
All-analog circuitry
Gain potentiometers (pro version)
Fully convection coooled (no fans)
19" Rack mountable faceplate and handles

Photos: Advertisements without photos of the actual item will not be approved.

IMG_3717.jpeg

IMG_3728.jpeg

IMG_3716.JPEG

IMG_3730.jpeg

IMG_3703.JPEG

Brilliant amps , the Bryston!

Won't last long at this price.

yep .. powerful amp .. built like a mac truck .. 20 year warranty .. amazing ...  can drive any speaker ... have the same one and its been driving my Dynaudio C2's with ease .. idling I reckon !!!    Did I say reliable ...   great price ...  GLWS

thanks for the heads up @oceangreen17 this looks like it could drive a nail! Not sure whether to upgrade front middle or back of my system ATM. GLWTS Fuzzboy

Deposit paid, pickup pending. Thanks everyone for your interest. 

I'll try not to shed a tear when it finally goes. It's been a trooper, can heartily recommend Bryston gear from my experience.