Sign in to follow this  
nedrum

Streamer options - Headphones initially then main system?

Some help required finding decent headphone streamer/dac/amp options.

I stream exclusively (Tidal & Spotify), so am looking at streaming/dac/amp options around $1k or less, with a future aim to use the streamer as a source in my main system.

Bluesound Node 2i looks good, but also Allo DigiOne Player (maybe Signature) plus an amp/dac like the Schitt Fulla 3 (happy to tinker :)).

Are there any other stream/amp/dac options around $1k that are flexible enough to transition to a high quality streaming front end in the future? Any opinions on either option?

Thanks!

I think your research led you to the right place. I’d try the Bluesound Node2i. You can compare an external DAC to the internal DAC but don’t be surprised if you can’t hear much difference. The BlueOS app is awesome. I don’t think the headphone amp itself would be great, but I’m looking to get another one for exactly that purpose.

Another 👍 for the Bluesound 

On 05/05/2020 at 4:24 PM, nedrum said:

Bluesound Node 2i looks good, but also Allo DigiOne Player (maybe Signature) plus an amp/dac like the Schitt Fulla 3 (happy to tinker :)).

As the others said, the Node 2i is a good starting point and BluOS is one of the best Apps.  The Allo DigiOne plus DAC does allow you tinker, but only if you are really, really keen.  I went down the tinkering, upgrading rabbit warren but now use a simple setup.