Hi Fi store Perth

Hello Guys,

I want to audition a good stereo music setup in Perth to fell the dynamics, image , depth, width, 3d seperation of music - real feeling of how a good system should sound. Can you guys recommend a HI FI store and which setup of speaker I should listen in the demo room. I want the the existing set-up. As I am trying to get how good it sounds, if we have proper speakers setup , with amplifier (pre/pro or integrated, better cables , nice room treatment and good source. 

It's not an attempt to purchase but to feel, how it sounds if we have the great setup. 

Excuse me for this , as I felt this best way feel the great systems to begin my journey towards good music setup.

Thank you.

Edited by SBM
Update
  • Like 1

I have not been to all hifi shops recently to see their current setup but try places like West Coast Hifi centres in Osborne Park, Midland, Cannington and Malaga, Douglas Hifi and Frank Prowse Hifi. Midland West Coast Hifi has a very good room.

It will be better if you have your own CD music or DVD movie to take with you that you are familiar with and compare in different shops and system setups. If you don’t have this then ask the shop but using different music or DVD movies in each shop will make it more difficult to compare.

Try listening to big $20,000 to $70,000 Sonus Faber floorstanding Speakers in the Midland Hifi room or $20,000 Yamaha NS5000 or $20,000 - $30,000 Kef speakers at Malaga West Coast Hifi.

Edited by Al.M
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, thejt said:

Douglas is now in Osborne park so you could hit them, west coast hifi and Revolution Turntable in one session?

I didn't know that Douglas Hifi had moved to Ozzie Park. Since when.

To the OP. They are great to deal with. Have a listen to their PMC speakers.

Frank Prowse are very good. They have great setups, pertaining to budget. And very knowledgeable consultants.

Pierre at Revolution Turntable is a terrific bloke. Very into the vinyl side of things. Sells ProAc speakers and Accuphase amps mainly. But what he couples up sounds fantastic.

Not been to any of the West Coasts shops. I believe Addicted to Audio in Leederville also have a good reputation, though not been there.

You do realise, once you start this journey there is no going back.

Get prepared for a wallet drain. ?

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, needlerunner said:

I didn't know that Douglas Hifi had moved to Ozzie Park. Since when.

To the OP. They are great to deal with. Have a listen to their PMC speakers.

Frank Prowse are very good. They have great setups, pertaining to budget. And very knowledgeable consultants.

Pierre at Revolution Turntable is a terrific bloke. Very into the vinyl side of things. Sells ProAc speakers and Accuphase amps mainly. But what he couples up sounds fantastic.

Not been to any of the West Coasts shops. I believe Addicted to Audio in Leederville also have a good reputation, though not been there.

You do realise, once you start this journey there is no going back.

Get prepared for a wallet drain. ?

it was recent, maybe the end of last year?

• Haha 1

Douglas hifi moved to Osborne Pk back in Dec - there's some really nice photos of their new digs in their sponsor forum.  Hoping to get there myself to have a look around int he next few weeks.

• Love 1

14 hours ago, Hydrology said:

Sounds like West Coast HiFi Midland would be a good bet.

I agree, Scott is very friendly and there are multiple rooms to audition different combinations of amps and speakers.

Each HiFi store, I think, focuses on few brands and models (talking about hi-end stuff). Go to Midland if you are after Sonus Faber, Focal (probably only in the past), PMC, but if you are after B&W 800 series then go to Cannington.

Other non WestCoast hifi stores may have other brands.

But we are so disadvantaged compared to the East, unfortunately.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, williac said:

Douglas hifi moved to Osborne Pk back in Dec - there's some really nice photos of their new digs in their sponsor forum.  Hoping to get there myself to have a look around int he next few weeks.

Thanks everyone.

When you live in sleepy old Bunbury. News travels slowly.

Darn. Further to go now.?

• Haha 1

Just now, needlerunner said:

Thanks everyone.

When you live in sleepy old Bunbury. News travels slowly.

Darn. Further to go now.?

Much better and bigger store and easier parking 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I note that @frankprowse do not nominate themselves, that in someway shows how honest they are as a store and hard to beat. Given the time and an appointment Mark can set you up a series of systems to blow your socks off at various price points. HE cares about the result and his clients and if he won't nominate himself then I will. Sorry I should have included Dave who is always there in the background to help too, I just deal with Mark more. Sorry Dave.

EACH STORE HAS DIFFERENT PRODUCTS BUT THEY CERTAINLY HAVE ENOUGH IN STORE TO SHOW YOU WHAT YOU ARE TRYING TO ACHIEVE, UNLESS THEY HAVE STOPPED DOING MAJOR SYSTEM APPOINTMENTS. THE OTHER STORES ARE ALSO GOOD -THIS IS PURELY JUST TO SUPPORT MY LOCAL STORE ESPECIALLY IN THESE TOUGHER TIMES.

Edited by Eagleeyes
Forgot to mention how great Dave is too.
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

+1 to all the comments above.

Mark and Dave at Frank Prowse are great guys, really patient and truly care about getting the right result for you.  Dave has a great history running back to open reel tape decks, Linn etc ?

Scott at West Coast HiFi Midland is also a great bloke, super enthusiastic and had the faith to invest big in display stock and several great stereo and theatre demo rooms. when others were pulling up stumps or going online only.

Cheers

2B

Edited by 2Brix
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I doubt you'll find a "good" setup to listen to in a hifi store in Perth.

Or most hifi stores for that matter. But I have not listened to them all or a lot by any measure - but 9 out of 10 I go to sound terrible or ok.

This includes places in Singapore, Hong Kong, Bangkok, and England.

Dan at Addicted to Audio has a decent sound in his demo room in Perth.

Good luck

• Thanks 1

I second that Addicted to Audio mention. They have a huge range and are very competitive in every respect. bought my Dynaudio Special 40 speakers from them and received excellent service from Dan.  

• Thanks 1

Another +1 for Dan at Addicted to Audio - a great place to stop by and a coffee shop right across the road for that important decision making (although perhaps not right now with no sit-down service).  

• Thanks 1

Been very happy with quality of service and of gear to hear at 

Frank prowse - Mark 

Douglas hifi - Simon

But agreed a2a and wc hifi midland also have nice gear

Edited by cafe67
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...