Focal Headphones Owners & Discussion Thread

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Another focal HP releasing in a few weeks. Something to do with the letters MG. According to a guy named Nomax on headfi thats got predictions right in the past (he was right about Celestee). 

wonder if it will replace the elear. 

• 2 weeks later...

A cached/leaked page on the new Focal Clear Mg Professional;

https://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:https://www.adorama.com/foprocrpromg.html

it will be interesting to see how the Pure magnesium dome sounds. Interestingly Focal appear to be trying to address soundstage size by pad and internal cup size changes allowing more space around the ear and proximity to the driver.

26625B6B-4659-4A16-A74D-DE31908B333E.jpeg

Edited by Ray H
  • Like 1

Considering the material changes used on the Celestee at that price point, i'm surprised they stuck with fabric over leather on the Clear Mg, though it likely has a lot to do with the sound signature achieved using those fabric pads. They just get too messy with the pilling and dirt for me to ever consider. Love the new aesthetic though - those grilles looks great. 

Edited by elisix_
  • Like 1

On 12/02/2021 at 12:50 PM, Ray H said:

Yes I agree leather would make sense on pro version for durability.

I have some dekoni fenestrated leather coming for my focal clear, but not sure what the audible effect will be.

I have those pads for my Clear Pro. I ended up going back to the stock ones. The fenestrated look great and tame the highs, but it made them feel too closed in for me. A tad dull. Your mileage will very likely vary!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BadSneakers83 said:

I have those pads for my Clear Pro. I ended up going back to the stock ones. The fenestrated look great and tame the highs, but it made them feel too closed in for me. A tad dull. Your mileage will very likely vary!

Thanks ! What do the fenestrated do to the bass ?

10 hours ago, Bengineer said:

Nice colours.

The Pro seems too boring in tuning.

Wonder of they have tuned this one differently. Actually made two different headphones this time.

Yes, from the couple of reviews out, it would likely be a mistake for the consumer version to have the same sound sig. I am not interested in the clear pro mg from the reading so far.

From the detail perspective it sounds like real gains have been made, but they haven’t commented on if it has Utopia levels of detail.

’I’ve gotta say the brown one above looks awesome.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

The ideal amp combo for focal stellia ? ... something am exploring ... :D with the focal Arche amp dac... 

hooked up with a QED usb cable and setup was very easy... just had to make sure USB was selected in sound on my mac, and it saw the arche there and then and then go to midi setup and select 2ch 24bit/384hz. on the Arche I left on low gain and selected for amplifier Stellia all as suggested by focal instructions ... thats it and i am up and going .... 

IMG_2079.thumb.JPG.fa4dc98047dc7da213f21bc61eeab4bd.JPG

I am super impressed .... the sound is clean clear dynamic... and turning the volume it seems completely free of strain in any way... there is a richness to the sound i really like good expanse of sound stage... might explore some of other amp settings but honestly for a desk top rig this just sound glorious :D ps for a class A amp the heatsinks on the top of the arche must most definitely be more than enough as not running hot as class A amps often can ... pleased about this ... didnt necessarily want a hot running beast when move to the desk ! :) 

Edited by betty boop
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 19/06/2020 at 10:52 PM, zxSwifty said:

The stellia and utopia are both currently $2999 aud in Australia. So I geuss that's our deal :)

B-grade stock? 

An holding out to see come what may later this year. There are rumours of an Utopia 2 in the works.

On 03/06/2021 at 10:31 PM, Dr_Kevy said:

B-grade stock? 

An holding out to see come what may later this year. There are rumours of an Utopia 2 in the works.

I'm holding of as well in case there is an update