Hi peeps,

Just wondering if there is any difference in cables used for I²S connecting a source to my dac or can I use any HDMI cable?

The HDMI cable needs to be short I had a dedicated P.S. Audio one and it did make a difference I also used M.I. T one metre gold pin and it worked . I think the shorter the better , try it and see. 

Tested it out, HDMI cable seems to work fine. I bit softer than using optical but I will play around with using a short HDMI cable.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Tumpom
      Item Condition: 8/10 Shipping Options: Pickup available but audition is not available.,Shipping is available at agreed cost. Suburb or Town: 2095 State: NSW Payment Method: Cash on pick up or EFT Reason for selling: Upgrade I ordered this pair of Van Den Hull CSS 122 from Audio Fidelity (associated to SGR Audio) custom made to the length of 5m for the RPP of $526 in October 2013 (invoice attached). They served me very well for a pair of Vivid Audio 1.5V loudspeakers.
      Still in production today with plenty of excellent reviews online for this high value-for-money cable and one of the sweet spots in the VDH range.

https://www.vandenhul.com/what-hi-fi-magazine-2000-cs-122-hybrid/

The 2 conductors are made of 147 strands of 0.16 mm. diameter high purity Matched Crystal OFC with a very dense pure silver coating.
      Each conductor exhibits a cross-section area of 2.96 mm², equaling AWG 12.5.
      Covering the two conductors you find an extra Linear Structured Carbon ® saturated layer to improve the sonic performance and to transform the radiated magnetic field into an audio-signal again.
      The resistance per lead is: 0.58 Ohm/100 meter.
      The capacitance between the 2 leads is: 32 pF/meter.
      The cable jacket is made of our HULLIFLEX ® 3, a very flexible and mechanically superb insulation material.
      The insulation of the plus and minus leads is different in shape with printing in the flat middle section. Both properties are easy polarity finders. Type printing on every 25 cm. (10″) makes cutting of specified lengths very easy.

The banana plugs are the original VDH gold plated ones I ordered with the cable, hence they do have some signs of wear commensurate to their age.
      As a bonus if interested I am adding a free set of 4 pairs of EGM gold plated banana plugs with heatshrink sleeves, all brand new and mint, should you want to change them.

Any question please PM me.

Thanks for watching

• By Artnet
      Item Condition: 9/10 Shipping Options: Pickup available but audition is not available.,Shipping is included in price. Suburb or Town: Balwyn State: VIC Payment Method: Paypal +3%, EFT, Cash on pickup Reason for selling: Not being used Further information:  Price Slashed

I have nothing to use this in at the moment,  its taking up cupboard space!   It is a great HDMI audio cable, a step up from my supra cable and good in a HT set up but I cant listen to SACD on my system through HDMI so back to my balanced cables that will do both.   The wisdom of using this as an upgrade to a PS audio system becomes apparent with their  I2S format.  If you have a DAC  with a I2s input?  Includes postage, will cover original box.

Manufacturer Notes: "Ever wanted to have an HDMI cable just for your audio needs? Harmonic Technology is proud to introduce the Magic Audio (only) OFC HDMI cable that has been designed for your optimal audio transmissions – such as between PS Audio Wave transports and the PS Audio Wave DAC." - Harmonic Technology

https://www.hifizine.com/2011/12/harmonic-technology-magic-audio-hdmi-rev-1-4a-high-speed-cable/
      https://www.thecableco.com/magic-hdmi-cable.html

Photos:

PLEASE READ
      If you include any reference to pricing whatsoever in this section (excluding RRP), your ad will not be approved If you are advertising multiple items, you must post one bulk price only, or post seperate ads for each item If you don't include photographs of the actual item being sold, your ad will not be approved You understand that a reasonable donation for selling fees is expected upon successful sale of your item

• By BobbieBeat
      Item Condition: As new Shipping Options: Pickup available but audition is not available.,Shipping is available at agreed cost. Suburb or Town: Malvern State: VIC Payment Method: PayPal (fees on buyer), Cash on pick up, Direct transfer Reason for selling: Further information:
      Selling an as new Focal Clear balanced 3m 4pin xlr cable. Bought this during lockdown to try with my Woo Audio WA11 (also for sale in seperate ad). Am selling as I am rotating my gear and just don’t need it (actually never really used it).
      Photos:

PLEASE READ
      If you include any reference to pricing whatsoever in this section (excluding RRP), your ad will not be approved If you are advertising multiple items, you must post one bulk price only, or post seperate ads for each item If you don't include photographs of the actual item being sold, your ad will not be approved You understand that a reasonable donation for selling fees is expected upon successful sale of your item
      - if you have previously sold items and not made a donation, your advertisement may not be approved.

• By hiphile
      Item Condition: Used Shipping Options: Pickup available but audition is not available. Suburb or Town: Oakleigh State: VIC Payment Method: EFT, Cash Reason for selling: No longer needed Further information:
      QED Profile audio cable in 2M length in excellent condition.
      No longer needed as my new amplifier requires a different connection.
      Cheers!

Photos:

PLEASE READ
    • By hugo_wilco
      Item Condition: mint Shipping Options: Pickup available but audition is not available.,Shipping is available at agreed cost. Suburb or Town: Melbourne State: VIC Payment Method: Paypal, EFT Cash on Pickup Reason for selling: NLR  
      Further information: Bought from JD audio mid year . Have had to down grade all my gear so this has been boxed and been unused for months. 
      Photos: