jdh500

SOLD: FS: Bel Canto Pre3 pre Amp & Ref500s Power Amp

Posted (edited)
Item Condition: 9/10, used but works as new with original packaging
Shipping Options: Pickup available but audition is not available.,Shipping is included in price.
Suburb or Town: West Ryde 2114, metro Sydney
State: New South Wales
Payment Method: EFT, Cash on Pickup PayPal (+3%)
Reason for selling: Down Sizing Second System

Further information: 

This is a perfect matching 2ch high end Preamp/Poweramp Combo.

Ideal for either a dedicated 2ch music system with high quality sources or alternatively integrated with an AV surround system. Ie. Pre3 has a HT bypass input so you can channel all the front channels through the Pre3/s500 power amp to provide better quality sound and provide 2 additional 2x250w of power to your front speakers.

Made in the USA, Purchased through Australian Distributor,Comes as shown in the photos with all original packaging, manuals , original remote,  Leads, if purchased together I’ll also include a set of balanced interconnects and an additional Bel Canto system remote that also controls Bel Canto DAC’s, pre3 plus CD players such as the CD2 or CD3t

Not currently setup but can Demo to series buyers.

Pickup and cash payment preferred but will ship Australia wide at buyer cost.  

Would only consider splitting if it allowed for easy sale of second item. The Ref500s is still a current model and sells new for around $3500 to $4000, the Pre3 retailed for around $2700.

links:

http://www.belcantodesign.com/pdfs/UG_PRe3.pdf

http://www.belcantodesign.com/pdfs/BCD_eOne_Manual_S500.pdf

https://recordclean.com.au/bel-canto-design-e-one-ref500s-balanced-stereo-amplifier.html

http://stereotimes.com/amp071307.shtml

https://www.google.com/amp/s/hometheaterhifi.com/reviews/amplifier/power-amplifier/bel-canto-s500-power-amplifier/amp/

Photos: Advertisements without photos of the actual item will not be approved.

2A90FC91-132E-48B1-B02E-D33921610ED6.jpeg

C391A159-09CD-485F-A0B8-677AD2953B60.jpeg

D1659989-82F3-4B1D-807B-85227C17502C.jpeg

B530D5A7-BD2F-4451-AB75-3855803AD2B5.jpeg

1A20CA7F-0630-43CF-8616-68991B1917AE.jpeg

8D260F02-09E9-48E9-BE4D-532C4AC60519.jpeg

E1C058F3-EF75-400C-979E-47A9229B1BE6.jpeg

Edited by jdh500
Uploaded photos

Would this integrate well with a Primare Spa22 avr and Whatmough P31 speakers?

Posted (edited)

It will integrate well with any AVR (you just need to make sure you have a pair of front channel outs on the AVR), in terms of the speakers I use to own Whatmough, P32’s they are identical in terms of cross overs and drivers, the only difference with the P31 was it was a square cabinet, the P32’s have a curved cabinet, they have the same sensitivity and are 4 ohm speakers, the Bel Canto amp will drives those speakers with ease.

I ‘m currently using a set of Paradigm signature S8 large floor standing speakers but with an Elektra HD Reference power amp.

This particular amp was also initially used with another identical 500S power amp to bi-amp a set of Paradigm S2 bookshelf speakers, it was an over kill for those speakers so have gone back to using only one 50OS amp.

JDH

Edited by jdh500

Hi @jdh500 it looks like I can use this with the Primare.

They refer to the sound as neutral, I'm not sure what that really means as I like the warmer sound I get from the Primare.

How do you describe the sound?

Cheers

Marty

Sold pending bank transfer, thanks to all those that messaged me.

JDH

Hi was seriously looking at your amps, however at the back of my mind want a

Elektra HD Reference power amp. What's your thoughts on the Elektra amp since you run some nice gear..

cheers Darren

Posted (edited)

B0FC8D3E-C202-4E91-9B09-A4E5D4C67E16.thumb.jpeg.40f967744621a696b3de859a6d311049.jpegDF92EB0E-C318-4526-A1E3-ABFEE24AA983.thumb.jpeg.b855b8d1002e4d3fea1cd14dfe894191.jpegWell Elektra amps are fantastic value and performance, I’ve been using various series of these amps for about 17 years, the difference with the Bel Canto being a class D amp design is that you get similar overall performance on large speakers in a much more compact and efficient size which was important for the space I had available for my secondary 2ch music area.

I still have a Bel Canto CD2, DAC 2.5 and identical 500s Power Amp connected to a set of Paradigm S2 stand mount speakers, at some point I might also move on the DAC 2.5 and second 500S power amp if I can find a new or near new Bel Canto Integrated C5i or even better C7r to create a minimalist secondary setup that still does justice to my S2 speakers with a Paradigm Millennium Subwoofer. 

Both brands a highly recommended.

JDH

Edited by jdh500

Payment now cleared, so both now sold, will arrange postage on Wednesday, will probably advertise a Bel Canto DAC 2.5 and possibly my second Bel Canto. 500S power amp, will keep my Bel Canto CD2 though.

JDH

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Classifieds Statistics

Currently Active Ads

Total Sales (Since 2018)

Total Sales Value (Last 14 Days)

Total Ads Value (Since March 2020)
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By pdcoo7
      Item Condition: used Shipping Options: Pickup available but audition is not available.,Pickup available and you can audition.,Shipping is available at agreed cost. Suburb or Town: Cremorne State: New South Wales Payment Method: Paypal +3% or as friend, COD, DD Reason for selling: NLR Further information: 
      The Bel Canto REFStream Asynchronous Ethernet Renderer does only one thing and has only one LED light on the front panel to tell you if its off or streaming. Doesn't get simpler than that, BUT what is does do, it does better than anything else I've tried so far. (tried Aurilec Aries mini, Sonicorbiter, MicroRendu, SotM SM200, Vortexbox)
      It gets music files  from anywhere on your network via a DLNA or uPnP server and "renders" it as the best possible digital file to present to your DAC. Still retails locally for around $4K. I will include a 3m fibre optic cable with the ST connector as well as a high grade Kordz Quantum silver digital true 75Ohm BNC-BNC cable with RCA adapters. (worth about $100)

Photos: 

PLEASE READ
      If you are advertising multiple items, you must post one bulk price only, or post seperate ads for each item If you include any reference to pricing whatsoever in this section (excluding RRP), your ad will not be approved If you don't include photographs of the actual item being sold, your ad will not be approved
    • By pasic007
      Item: Power Amp
      Price Range: 10k 
      Item Condition: Used
      Extra Info:  Prefer Mono's but can be integrated as well.  
      If you have Preamp as well my budget is flexible. Must be less than 5 years old and Perth. 
      pm me what you have.

Please don't forget to report your post as FOUND when possible. (You can now delete this text).
    • By Audionerd
      Item Condition: Excellent with no obvious flaws Shipping Options: Pickup available and you can audition.,Shipping is available at agreed cost. Suburb or Town: Ivanhoe East State: Victoria Payment Method: Cash, Bank Transfer or Paypal Reason for selling: Selling for a friend who has upgraded Further information: This beautifully built combination is also available separately. PM for prices.

The REF500S is a current model with RRP over $4K and therefore priced higher, but still cheaper than I've seen elsewhere. It should not be confused with the earlier S500 which is obviously worth less. Ultra compact but very powerful, rated up to 250W RMS @ 8 ohms/ 400W RMS @ 4 ohms, with balanced and RCA inputs. Bel Canto's quality is demonstrated by outstanding specifications like S/N ratio of 125dB. The combination of latest advanced components for the custom input stage such as Caddock resistors, ultra-low ESR decoupling capacitors, heavy gauge all-steel chassis for microphony reduction and low noise regulated power supplies together with a highly efficient output stage reveals all the subtle nuances of music with extraordinary impact and resolution. The elegant switching output stage eliminates thermal distortion mechanisms caused by changes in operating temperature while heavily regulated switch-mode power supplies generate little heat. This makes such a compact and powerful device possible, saving space as well as shortening the signal path.

The DAC was an expensive model with comprehensive features for its size, including inputs for AES, USB, Toslink and SPDIF with sockets for coax or BNC, plus balanced and RCA outputs. One of its most useful features is the ability to switch between fixed and variable output. When used with a preamp fixed mode applies, but when purely digital sources are used it can drive a power amp directly with volume controlled by the variable output setting. Besides transferring more information via a direct signal path, this configuration saves the cost of a separate preamp with associated cables and results in an incredibly cost-effective, compact stack as in the photos below. In listening tests I've found this DAC to be particularly smooth, making it an ideal partner for the detailed and dynamic presentation of the REF500S. It comes with all original packaging, an easy-to-use remote and manual.
      Donation to SNA on sale.

Photos: 

PLEASE READ
      If you are advertising multiple items, you must post one bulk price only, or post seperate ads for each item If you include any reference to pricing whatsoever in this section (excluding RRP), your ad will not be approved If you don't include photographs of the actual item being sold, your ad will not be approved  

• By Megawolf
      Item Condition: good Shipping Options: Pickup available and you can audition.,Shipping is available at agreed cost. Suburb or Town: LONG BEACH State: New South Wales Payment Method: Cash, EFT, Reason for selling: NLR Further information: 
                                                          Rotel 1080.  2 x 200w.  Balanced and RCA imputs.
                                               I had planned to use this as part of a 7.2 surround system.
                                                            Middle speaker placement proved to be a massive pain, so I gave up on the idea.
                                                            When I bought it I found that one of the XLR inputs wasn`t working,
                                                           I sent it to rage audio, who found that the balance switch was dirty, cleaned up, presto one good amp.
                                                           The case has a few small marks, the front is fine as is the rear, just the top.
                                                           I can pack for postage, it would have to be insured and signed for.

Cheers.         Ian. 

Photos: Advertisements without photos of the actual item will not be approved.

• By Marc
      Item Condition: Used, but excellent with original packaging Shipping Options: Pickup available but audition is not available.,Shipping is available at agreed cost. Suburb or Town: Sunbury State: Victoria Payment Method: Paypal (+fees), Cash on Pickup, EFT, Credit Card (+ fees) Reason for selling: Moved to Dante enabled amps Further information: 

This amp is still in the current JBL Synthesis range and is spec'd in many high end JBL Synthesis cinema systems, selling for over $6,000 locally.
      https://www.jblsynthesis.com/products/electronics/amplifiers/SDA+7200-.html?dwvar_SDA 7200-_color=Black Lacquer-GLOBAL-Current&cgid=amplifiers

Can freight with insurance at cost Australia wide via Sendle.

Photos:

Stock photos: