Sign in to follow this  
audioaddict78

FS: Mobile Fidelity MoFi UltraTracker MM Cartridge

Posted (edited)
Item Condition: Cartridge Excellent. Stylus will need re-tipping
Shipping Options: Pickup available but audition is not available.,Shipping is included in price.
Suburb or Town: Dulwich Hill
State: New South Wales
Payment Method: PayPal, Cash on Pickup, EFT
Reason for selling: Trying something new

Further information:  Bought this cartridge when I purchased a MoFi UltraDeck turntable less than 2 years ago.

The cart and cantilever are in excellent condition. The stylus will need re-tipping. It's had about 900hrs of use and starting to show.

This cart goes for around $899RRP. $190 is very reasonable. Retipping will cost around $160 - $220

UltraTracker Highlights

UltraTracker extracts immense amounts of detail, dynamics, tone, and texture from LPs. Literally made to live in records’ grooves, the configuration gives this cartridge innate advantages few others can claim at this price.

MoFi cartridges are designed by looking at where a record starts: On a cutting lathe like the model used at Mobile Fidelity Sound Lab. UltraTracker features a V-Twin dual-magnet generator that mirrors the layout of the cutting head that originally makes a record’s grooves. Employing two low-mass, powerful magnets aligned in a V formation parallel with the record grooves, this cartridge features excellent tracking ability.

• V-Twin dual-magnet generator
  • Nude Elliptical stylus
  • Well-damped billet aluminum body
  • 3.5mV output

WELL-DAMPED BILLET ALUMINUM BODY

The well-damped billet aluminum body controls resonances for tight, accurate bass reproduction. UltraTracker delivers finely tuned wide-bandwidth audio, with extension at both frequency extremes and no smearing of detail.

NUDE-ELLIPTICAL DIAMOND STYLUS

By using a nude-elliptical diamond stylus, UltraTracker easily tracks complex dynamic passages. You’ll hear superb detail and experience musical emotionalism that will send shivers down your spine.

Specifications:-

• Type: Dual Magnet Stereo
  • Frequency Response: 20 to 25,000 Hz
  • Recommended Load Impedance: 47,000
  • Capacitance: 100pF
  • Output Voltage: 3.5 mV
  • Tracking Force: 1.8 – 2.2grams
  • Stylus Construction: Nude eliptical
  • Weight: 9.7 g

To see more of the MoFi range 

Photos: 

IMG_20200503_103016.jpg

MVIMG_20200503_102906.jpg

Edited by audioaddict78

just bought an UltraDeck/master tracker combo taking delivery on Tuesday .. how do you find yours?

Just now, grorr76 said:

just bought an UltraDeck/master tracker combo taking delivery on Tuesday .. how do you find yours?

Congrats. Really enjoying it. Well built, good looks, user friendly and sounds exceptional.  

Just now, audioaddict78 said:

Congrats. Really enjoying it. Well built, good looks, user friendly and sounds exceptional.  

its like waiting for the stork to bring your baby haha ive heard only great things about it, how quiet and musical it is. Read one review said its the highest performing deck under 5k which was a big call.

5 minutes ago, grorr76 said:

Read one review said its the highest performing deck under 5k which was a big call.

I'd have to agree with that. 

2 minutes ago, audioaddict78 said:

I'd have to agree with that. 

what cart are u moving to. are you going master tracker?

3 hours ago, grorr76 said:

what cart are u moving to. are you going master tracker?

Not decided yet

Not decided yet

the master tracker evidently is amazing, and its built for the deck.. I originally was getting the ultra but I thought what the heck, im told its a great upgrade.

6 minutes ago, grorr76 said:

the master tracker evidently is amazing, and its built for the deck.. I originally was getting the ultra but I thought what the heck, im told its a great upgrade.

Most carts will work with the deck. The fun is trying stuff out. 

Most carts will work with the deck. The fun is trying stuff out. 

of course they will my point was more about the synergy of the actual cart that's built with this deck in mind.

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, grorr76 said:

of course they will my point was more about the synergy of the actual cart that's built with this deck in mind.

I have, and looking forward to trying other carts. The UltraTracker is an incredibly  lively, musical,  detailed cart, i'm certain the MasterTracker will build on this.

Edited by audioaddict78

3 hours ago, audioaddict78 said:

I have, and looking forward to trying other carts. The UltraTracker is an incredibly  lively, musical,  detailed cart, i'm certain the MasterTracker will build on this.

C'on on dude. You must have some idea. You are selling it, you must have some idea of what you are getting. Don't keep us in suspence😄

On a serious note, l am interested.

Because l have the same tt with the same cart. I always thought l would go to the Mastertracker as an upgrade. But if you have something better in mind...spill. Please!

11 hours ago, needlerunner said:

C'on on dude. You must have some idea. You are selling it, you must have some idea of what you are getting. Don't keep us in suspence😄

On a serious note, l am interested.

Because l have the same tt with the same cart. I always thought l would go to the Mastertracker as an upgrade. But if you have something better in mind...spill. Please!

If it wasn't for the fact that the diamond is wearing, I'd definitely keep the ultratracker. But, with thousands of options out there I'm going to try something different. I'm looking at higher end 2000 series Goldring carts at moment cause i can get a very good deal. The Goldring Sounds just as good as the ultratracker, just different, perhaps more detailed, analytical, but my choice is not yet set in stone.

The MasterTracker i can imagine being great cart too, but out of my price range.