MaxPlumage

5.1.2 with upfiring Atmos vs. 7.1.2?

You have 65cm behind you and you put 2 towers there ??

Wow is all I can say................

7 hours ago, niterida said:

You have 65cm behind you and you put 2 towers there ??

Wow is all I can say................

Mine are mini towers, they measure 32.6cm deep, leaving behind just over 30 cm from baffle to back of couch...which works well, within my constraints :)

46 minutes ago, MaxPlumage said:

Mine are mini towers, they measure 32.6cm deep, leaving behind just over 30 cm from baffle to back of couch...which works well, within my constraints :)

WOW

19 hours ago, MaxPlumage said:

have 65cm behind my couch (I had to pull it forwards) and managed to use bookshelves for side surrounds toed in from room corners and tower speakers now for the rears (thanks Betty). They barely fit with room, but I managed to put them together. All four speakers are positioned such that no matter where one sits on the couch, there is no speaker directly behind you - less localisation and more dispersion. I have removed the front upfiring atmos modules for now.

Great to hear things fit and moved couch forward ! :)

First impressions are spectacular. I watched 1917 on BluRay (my AVR decided on Atmos upmixer when I chose auto). The separation that 7.1 provides  really does make a difference, as Betty said that 'hole in the rear sound field' seems to be plugged. Obviously dependent on mixing, but I will try out with other material moving forward.

Well that is fantastic to hear really :) and to end result :)

guess I was surprised at the difference those rear speakers made despite having not much room to breathe. But here we are.

If you can wing it - go for 7.1.x

Good stuff !

• Classifieds Statistics

Currently Active Ads

Total Sales (Since 2018)

Total Sales Value (Last 14 Days)

Total Ads Value (Since March 2020)