Decca Tonearm playing

Finally got around to mounting the Decca tonearm to a spare turntable just to see what I think of it.  Turns out to be a mono head which is a little disappointing as I was hoping it would be a stereo head.  Sounds awesome on the few test sessions so far mainly on Mono recordings.   I must admit that the few records played are sounding pretty good so at this stage the arm is definitely a keeper.

My son is organizing a 100ml hardwood plinth to mount the Garrard 301 on and once that is done I will possibly include that in my system for mono lp's.  The Rola I have it on at the moment has a pretty crappy 15ml chipboard plinth covered in a linoleum like product.

I would like to catch up with anyone from Perth who has a stereo head that I could listen to.  Hope someone takes me up on the offer.

Oh well looks like an arvo listening to more lp's so I'm sure that's going to make Kerry really happy as she has a list of jobs that have been waiting for some time and this has jumped to the front of the queue.

Decca Spinning.jpg

Edited by OLLY

Nice looking turntables the Rolas.

Only the second or third time I have listened to it in about 15 years. 

Hope someone close by has a stereo head I can fit and have a listen to so that I can decide on whether to fork out for one.

The Rola is an awesome turntable to have as a spare.  It deserves to be in a stacked hardwood ply plinth and it will shine (but I'm sure you are aware of that).  The Decca arm/cart would be an excellent match for it, good to see you have got it operational. 

Sorry I can't help with the stereo cart, they are hard/$$ to find.  What you have would be good to incorporate as a second arm.

Hard to go past the Commonwealth Electronics 12D/3.   I play a lot of 78s so there's no room for another tonearm.

If I was to use the Decca then I would have to set up another turntable which would be the best of my spare CE's.  Waiting to see what the 100ml hardwood plinth my son is having prepared for the Garrard 301 turns out like before I make a decision on which way to go.  Way too many turntables which makes decisions difficult.  Started out collecting for my sons but they are not into listening to lps.20200501_151815.thumb.jpg.662b950fc1c1cf2579e76ac2e2ec17a5.jpg