Trade value

Hi,

I saw some speakers up for sale in the classifieds that would be a decent upgrade but then wasn't really sure what I would get for mine.

I have Audio Physic Scorpio 25 (paid factory bi wire upgrade) in ebony that are in excellent condition. I don't think there's a mark on them. They were about 12k rrp from memory and I got them in 2014 so are about 6 years old now but not really sure what they are worth.

https://simplyhifi.com.au/product/audio-physic-scorpio-25-speakers/

Curious on peoples thoughts but don't really want to open a negative can of worms so to speak. 

Yes interesting question, 3dl3.  :thumb:

I will be watching to see what suggestions you get (as to the price you might get for them).  My guess is ... 30% of what you paid for them?

Andy

• Like 1

• Volunteer

from a hifi store, so you wouldn’t expect to get as much...

and listed new here as “from “$10,300

https://www.pymblehifi.com.au/shop/audio-physic-scorpio-25-speakers/

Dont know if I’ve heard your exact model but I’ve always been really impressed by Audio Physic speakers. Make sure you are really upgrading rather than falling for the audiophile curse of just trying something new ?

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, sir sanders zingmore said:

from a hifi store, so you wouldn’t expect to get as much...

and listed new here as “from “$10,300

https://www.pymblehifi.com.au/shop/audio-physic-scorpio-25-speakers/

Dont know if I’ve heard your exact model but I’ve always been really impressed by Audio Physic speakers. Make sure you are really upgrading rather than falling for the audiophile curse of just trying something new ?

hmm..there were more than that as Bi wiring model cost more (wasn't standard). I was looking at the ELAC 609 X-PI which I have heard. Its got a few marks on it which I might struggle with mentally as I use a microfibre cloth with a light hand currently.

That is a decent indication though and I  agree wont be as much as the store is asking. Appreciate it :)

Edited by 3dl3

2 hours ago, andyr said:

Yes interesting question, 3dl3.  :thumb:

I will be watching to see what suggestions you get (as to the price you might get for them).  My guess is ... 30% of what you paid for them?

Andy

Hi Andy,

So the thumb rule for used speaker say above 5 years old is worth 30% of RRP? Is this apply across all the speakers brands. Just trying to understand. Thanks in advance.

58 minutes ago, SBM said:

Hi Andy,

So the thumb rule for used speaker say above 5 years old is worth 30% of RRP? Is this apply across all the speakers brands. Just trying to understand. Thanks in advance.

I am certainly no expert in selling unwanted gear, SBM.  (I do so very rarely.)  But I have seen adverts here where the poor seller has obviously NFI what he is going to get for his beloved item.  Hence my suggestion of 30% of what you paid for it.  And if the current price is less than what you paid 5 years ago ... then my estimate was too high.

Andy

Edited by andyr
  • Like 1

Erhh they sold anyway. Maybe for the best. The condition probably would have bothered me cause I'm odd like that. 

Was even planing in the future to upgrade our house if I can get a dedicated room go a more of a cinema room setup instead of a living room dual purpose. So maybe for the best!!

Still an interest thread and responses. Obviously wasn't the only one thinking it.