"90% of a Turntables sound comes from its cartridge''

I have not watched vid either, but from someone who has 60 carts and 7 turntables the turntable is far more important than the cart. Carts are like flavours of ice cream but real quality changes the arm and turntable need to be good. A 20 dollar at3600l can sound great, no it is not going to worry my Decca super gold, but even that humble cart can sound amazing if the rest is right. Stick the same AT3600l (compliance correct of course) on a cheap set up it sounds garbage I gave my dad one and proved this.

Chris

• Like 2

On 30/05/2020 at 10:20 AM, MattyW said:

Servo controlled arm tables can get the best from any cartridge.... Almost.  Can't even balance my 30g Fidelity Research FR-7 cartridge.

FR-7 great cartridge good for Fidelity research FR-66/64 and FX model tonearm if you want to try with another tonearm you can get balance with small lead  if you don't want to spend money to buy a roll from a Bunnings warehouse you come over the roof you may cut off the small lead from these and try with double type stick out of counterweight  same at the video clip 
My opinion I spend big money on Phono state first then the arm and the cartridge lasts for the turntable 

11 minutes ago, Analogsound said:

FR-7 great cartridge good for Fidelity research FR-66/64 and FX model tonearm if you want to try with another tonearm you can get balance with small lead  if you don't want to spend money to buy a roll from a Bunnings warehouse you come over the roof you may cut off the small lead from these and try with double type stick out of counterweight  same at the video clip 
My opinion I spend big money on Phono state first then the arm and the cartridge lasts for the turntable 

Yes I know.  I've always run it on an FR-64S tonearm.  I'm downsizing and will only be keeping the Victor QL-Y5 table so will likely sell it with the S.A.M. Aldebaran turntable I have the FR-64S on.

Presently my phono is my most expensive component though I don't really think percentages can be attributed to costs. To many variables.

7 minutes ago, MattyW said:

Yes I know.  I've always run it on an FR-64S tonearm.  I'm downsizing and will only be keeping the Victor QL-Y5 table so will likely sell it with the S.A.M. Aldebaran turntable I have the FR-64S on.

Presently my phono is my most expensive component though I don't really think percentages can be attributed to costs. To many variables.

for my personal, I'll take the FX version of FR-64 model if compare the sound between FX and S version 

just my opinion but I understand most people not do the same