Twisty.13

C9 no signal for receiver

Hey guys, 

Finally pulled the trigger and bought an oled however after setting up I’ve found the Onkyo tx-nr555 is getting the no signal on all of the HDMI ports. I’ve tried turning off the ultra HD colour thing in the settings on the tv and turning on and off and all that jazz. After it pissing me off I unplugged all the speakers and moved the avr to a different tv where it worked fine. I’ve tried all the HDMI cables in the house and still nothing on the oled! I even plugged in my UHD Blu Ray player into the oled and it worked fine, it’s driving me up the wall!

Twisty is the signal from the Onkyo carrying Foxtel or Fetch? If so try resetting the box.

I have the similar TV, when I first connected I had only an error from my Fetch, but a power off / on sorted it out.

Hey mate nah it doesn’t! All I had plugged in was my Blu Ray player and Xbox. I ended up getting it too work in HDMI port 3 (not arc) and even then it takes a lot of turning it off and on and switching channels back and forth on the tv 

Update so after playing Xbox for a few hours with no hassle I decided to test my luck and changed the receiver from HDMI 3 to 2 (ARC) and now it’s not working again, even after switching back to HDMI 3. Genuinely had no hassles whatsoever with the Sony w850 it’s replacing. 

Perhaps the new TV is faulty.

Get some decent HDMI cables like these - this looks more like marginal cables than anything else.

I might try those HDMI cables! I think the tv is fine because my Xbox and 4K player are all still working fine, I’ve been reading a bit and it seems like it’s not uncommon for Onkyo s to do this kinda stuff so I’m feeling I might just have to wait a while and buy a new receiver. 

Mybe a cold power reset on the Onkyo then? If it's got a bit bamboozled or something.

My Denon has had an odd moment once or twice.

Yeah I’ve done a few resets back to factory settings and had it unplugged for half hour, changed power slots. I think it’s just badoozled tbh couldn’t have picked a worse time

It's not uncommon for AVR's / HDMI to go a little weird.

Is there a cheap fix or am I better off just buying a new one?