FS: Stax SR009 + Woo Audio WES (Gen 2) Electrostatic Amp

Price: $7900
Item Condition: Used
Shipping Options: Pickup available but audition is not available.,Pickup available and you can audition.,Shipping is included in price.
Suburb or Town: Sydney
State: New South Wales
Payment Method: Paypal, EFT, or Cash on pickup
Reason for selling: Downgrading my setup

Further information: 

Hi all,

I’m selling my STAX SR009 + Woo WES (2nd Gen) amp combo as I no longer have the time to listen and am therefore looking to downgrade.

What can I say, this setup has been a dream to listen to and I’m very reluctant to let it go. It’s been extremely well treated over the years and the headphones have been kept either in their wooden box or under their dust cover when not in use.
There are a few very minor cosmetic scratches on the amplifier.
No marks on the headphones whatsoever, they’re in pristine condition. The pads look the same as they did when new.

The Woo WES was recently upgraded to the 2nd Gen for even better sound quality in September 2019 by shipping it to Woo Audio in the US: https://wooaudio.com/amplifiers/wes

The tubes were also replaced at this time with a full set of brand new stock tubes provided by Woo and they have barely even been broken in.

It comes with the headphones and amp (of course), Stax wooden stand, Stax 2.5m extension cable and spare tubes.

The plastic tube guard on the WES amp is also included but I've never used it as I prefer the look of it off.

Local pickup is an option, but I’m willing to post to anywhere in Australia as I still have the original packaging for the Woo amp to ensure it will be safe in transit. It’s quite heavy and would require a few boxes though so postage wouldn’t be cheap.

Auditioning might not be the best idea given the COVID-19 circumstances.

Feel free to message if you have any questions.

Thanks,
Tim

Photos:

IMG_2001.jpeg

IMG_2002.jpeg

IMG_2003.jpeg

IMG_2004.jpeg

IMG_2005.jpeg

IMG_2006.jpeg

IMG_2007.jpeg

IMG_2008.jpeg

IMG_2009.jpeg

IMG_2010.jpeg

IMG_2011.jpeg

IMG_2014.jpg

Edited by teejar
added photo of 2nd gen certificate
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Gabehcuod said:

Great energisers, especially when you have the ballast mod done so it doesn't fry the driver costing over time. 

I really don't believe that mod is required at all. Woo has been making the WES for almost 10 years now and I haven't read a single case of it actually causing damage to the drivers.  If there was a known issue, and something as simple as changing the ballast resistors, it surely would have been fixed in the 2nd Gen.

• Like 1