StereoNET Hi-Fi Show 2021 Dates Announced (Postponed to 2022)

Thanks for keeping us up to date.

Great to see that you guys are constantly monitoring the virus situation and keeping us informed.

It is nice to see that Mark is his usual careful, thorough self.

You know, it is not very often, that in HiFi, or life in general that you deal with someone with whom you have great confidence.

Keep up the good work Mark (as we know that you will!).

Let's hope things have cleared up by November and the show will go on as usual but a bit better every year as we have come to expect.

Bruce

• Like 3

• Administrator
1 hour ago, BruceS said:

Thanks for keeping us up to date.

Great to see that you guys are constantly monitoring the virus situation and keeping us informed.

It is nice to see that Mark is his usual careful, thorough self.

You know, it is not very often, that in HiFi, or life in general that you deal with someone with whom you have great confidence.

Keep up the good work Mark (as we know that you will!).

Let's hope things have cleared up by November and the show will go on as usual but a bit better every year as we have come to expect.

Bruce

Very kind comments for you to make Bruce, thank you so much. ?

All so very true about upgradeitis.

Year before last I came back with some very nice headphones that I never intended to buy!

Last year came across the HiFi Guru who does turntable upgrades.

He is currently rebuilding my Thorens TD 125, that's a new plinth painted gloss iridescent electric blue, a new bearing and a heap of other things that I would never have had done if I didn't go to the HiFi show!!

Love HiFi shows.

Love upgradeitis even if my wife doesn't!

Bruce

• 1 month later...

Leaves a big hole in the calendar but understandable in the current circumstances @Marc  

1 hour ago, Assisi said:

Good decision.  Maybe if there is some normality later in the year there maybe opportunities for some GTG

John

You can count on it, even if we have to hold it with spacing or outside. 

Stay tuned John. ?

On 27/04/2020 at 12:21 PM, StereoNET said:

Due to the uncertainty surrounding shows and events as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic, the planned 2020 StereoNET Melbourne Home Entertainment Expo has been postponed until 2021.

View the full article

It must have been really disappointing having to make that call Marc, I was looking forward to being there again. Despite it being a let down I (and I'm sure everyone else) fully understand the reasoning. Stay well mate.

Unfortunate but understandable. 

I just read what you had planned for this year and kudos for building this into something that would have been an amazing event. Hoping next year will still provide you the same opportunities for creating a milestone event.  

• Administrator
3 minutes ago, superaaaa said:

Hoping next year will still provide you the same opportunities for creating a milestone event.  

Absolutely. In fact, it's given us more time to further expand on the concept. Work has already begun.

2 hours ago, Marc said:

Absolutely. In fact, it's given us more time to further expand on the concept. Work has already begun.

Great idea.

Edited by rantan

• Administrator

We are loosely pencilling in July 2021 at this stage. A return to the month and timing of our very first show back in 2016.

Lots of things to work through.

37 minutes ago, Marc said:

We are loosely pencilling in July 2021 at this stage. A return to the month and timing of our very first show back in 2016.

Lots of things to work through.

perfect for all those Uni Students on holidays between 1st and 2nd semester.   

Some sort of Uni marketing campaign with cheap tiks.  Could be an opportunity to bring a brand new untapped market into the world of quality hifi. Be a big upgrade from phone + air plugs.

• Like 1

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, metal beat said:

Could be an opportunity to bring a brand new untapped market into the world of quality hifi

Agreed. We have each year worked with unis to promote the show. We have sold more Student tickets year on year too, so I think we're getting the message through.

• Like 2

• Administrator
On 03/05/2020 at 2:42 AM, Lazz said:

? I had my flights and accomodation booked. Really disappointing. What to do in Melbourne now. 

Really very sorry to hear that @Lazz - these are unprecedented times. Depending on your carrier and hotel, and method of booking, you may be able to cancel or credit your bookings. I had to cancel four international flights and hotels this year already and have managed to get all of them refunded.

This is also another reason why I didn't want to leave it until just months or weeks out from the event to cancel, opting instead to give everyone as much notice as possible.

Thx, yes I will probably look into that. It's a shame because I had worked it around a business trip. I'm sure everyone understands that many things that were meant to happen this year will probably not go ahead. Better to be safe than sorry. Fingers crossed that we see the end to this virus soon.

Perhaps if the virus gets under control soon I may be able to do acouple gtg if I still end up going.  

Edited by Lazz
  • Like 1