Fortnite Over Forty? (ok over 14 then?)

• 4 months later...

I'm over 40 and currently only play COD warzone.  Before that it was pubg.  Before that it was battlefield - Dice really f'd up with their last 2 titles though, 2 historical shooters in a row, people want modern.  Hopefully the new Battlefield is good, they've had long enough to develop it, Rush mode in BF3 and BF4 was great, a Bad Company 2 remaster would also be an awesome development.

It's funny, i've been playing consoles since i was 10, and have always (since they've been around) enjoyed FPS games, i used to have twitch reflexes, now compared to the majority of players less than half my age, i can't rely on twitch reflex any more.  Have to play smart, unfortunately i don't know how to do that either, so i mostly just get online to talk sht with my mates and try to get a few kills.

Next upgrade (i have to wait a few weeks after just buying an amplifier) is a 144hz 1440p monitor, the new xbox series x does 120fps in COD, that's a game changer for consoles, looking forward to some buttery smooth graphics :)

Other fun games - rocket league, just really easy to get into, but then has a huge skill ceiling.  race the sun is a great game to play to some tunes (the music in it's pretty good), you basically just have left or right and then 1 button to control, 1 life and you start at the start again, see how far in you can get. I've played a bit of fortnight, you need a lot of time to sink into it, i just don't have the time.  Also the chat is more annoying than COD, mostly kids.

• Like 2

• 5 months later...
On 26/03/2021 at 10:43 PM, JB82 said:

Anyone playing this on Xbox?

I've started playing it with my kids and I'm quite enjoying it ?

I play on Xbox, still playing and enjoying it. Getting close to 200 wins. 

• Like 2

On 16/09/2021 at 8:01 PM, SGS said:

I play on Xbox, still playing and enjoying it. Getting close to 200 wins. 

I've been playing a fair bit with my kids since we've been in lockdown.

Ended up buying a gaming desk,chair, monitor & the new Xbox Series S so that way I can play in the same team as my kids that are playing on the other Xbox, really fun being able to play with them.

On 29/03/2021 at 9:03 AM, Janus77 said:

Next upgrade (i have to wait a few weeks after just buying an amplifier) is a 144hz 1440p monitor, the new xbox series x does 120fps in COD, that's a game changer for consoles, looking forward to some buttery smooth graphics :)

I've got the new Series S doing 120fps COD on a 32" 1440p monitor and it's a big step up from using the older One X on the 65" 4k TV

2 hours ago, JB82 said:

Ended up buying a gaming desk,chair, monitor & the new Xbox Series S so that way I can play in the same team as my kids that are playing on the other Xbox, really fun being able to play with them.

I started after seeing my son play it, looked good so tried it. He has given Fortnite away now so mostly play solo. Using Xbox One on a 19" screen, not the greatest setup but it works. 

• Like 1

On 18/09/2021 at 10:57 AM, JB82 said:

Ended up buying a gaming desk,chair, monitor

Yep did exactly that when i got my Series X.   Having a blast on Aliens Fireteam Elite atm.  Sadly, i totally forgot how immersive gaming can be and lose track of time.  Missus is not happy with me atm.  Funny how when i clock on and almost always at a heated and intensed session that the missus calls out for me to do some chores around the house...

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, MrBurns84 said:

Yep did exactly that when i got my Series X.   Having a blast on Aliens Fireteam Elite atm.  Sadly, i totally forgot how immersive gaming can be and lose track of time.  Missus is not happy with me atm.  Funny how when i clock on and almost always at a heated and intensed session that the missus calls out for me to do some chores around the house...

At least you don't have to do all the chores, my gaming always get cut short, make dinner, put bins out etc etc. At least no one complains at me.

Got a gaming chair as well, situated at the back of my lounge/cinema.

• Like 1

On 20/09/2021 at 4:34 PM, SGS said:

At least you don't have to do all the chores, my gaming always get cut short, make dinner, put bins out etc etc. At least no one complains at me.

Forgot to mention...i'm the designated cook in the house :) 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MrBurns84 said:

Forgot to mention...i'm the designated cook in the house :) 

I was as well when I was married.

What do people think of the new season? The daily challenge setup? And have you got your umbrella yet? 

6 wins for me so far.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

• 2 years later...

Have just seen this, and I even made a post about zero build being permanent.

Anyone still playing? I mostly play FFAs now.

I am also a creator. Relatively new, but I have just got my maps to the point that I now need to start working out how to get people other than those I know playing them.

if anyone wants to jam The Pit, Coney Deathmatch etc, give me a yell.

*not me speaking 

Edited by TheBlackDisc