I am looking for some advice on what I think maybe bias adjustment for this deck. Deck plays and records however I cannot set record calibration to some type 1 and type 2 tapes. No problem calibrating TDK SA90, MA90 and Sony HF-ES with great results. Recently went to record with Denon HD6 and TDK AD90 but did not have enough range to calibrate these tapes. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

On 25/04/2020 at 4:13 PM, cccrchairman said:

I am looking for some advice on what I think maybe bias adjustment for this deck. Deck plays and records however I cannot set record calibration to some type 1 and type 2 tapes. No problem calibrating TDK SA90, MA90 and Sony HF-ES with great results. Recently went to record with Denon HD6 and TDK AD90 but did not have enough range to calibrate these tapes. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Have you cleaned and demagnetised the heads? 

Many thanks for reply. I have cleaned heads as per manual but have not demagnetised. Maybe I give that a try. Any suggestions on best way.

you could do a search on ebay for a tape head demagnitiser,i bought one a few years ago when I had a Tascam 32 reel to reel,worth a try.

Thanks Ray. I jumped back into the manual and it notes a Nakamichi unit and goes though the process. I assume the electric toothbrush looking units are a better option than the old head cleaning tape type. Lucky me. Another obscure old school artefact to try and dig out. I am going to throw out a lifeline in the WTB thread.

Jaycar might still sell DEMAGS.  I've had mine for years.  Cheers.

Awesome Ray. Drop the mic. Your work here is done. Many thanks. Just bought one with free international shipping. Now for my next request....