110 Volt Rega Exon (2000) ? Workarounds?

Yeah dunno ?

The voltage difference (120V USA? vs 230V NZ?) would be easily and cost effectively solved by a voltage stepdown transformer.

The frequency difference (60Hz USA? vs 50Hz NZ? ) would be a bit trickier/lot more expensive?

Hopefully this bumps your Q back to the top and someone knowledgeable can step in with a more useful reply.

Ok thanks for the reply, yes I didn’t even get as far as the frequency, I’ve emailed the local REGA agent, who I’ve spent thousands with in my younger days, but I guess he’s figured I’m looking to import 2nd hand and not worth his time replying! Oh well more fool him, us 40s guys have a bit more disposable income than we did in our 20s, guess I’ll just keep going back to the 2nd hand market and forums for advice. If anyone knows of any Exon 3s available let me know, I’m looking at least 2 more, pref 230v 50hz!

I can't answer for NZ, but i know when i wanted to buy a superseded rega article... that could only find in the us. the local au importer-distributer-service agent at the time was only too helpful in not only answering my questions via phone and email, but also in checking with the rega factory to absolutely confirm and then coming back to me that it would be a very small change given the world power supply of the rega in question.

i proceeded to import the item on their assurance. got the item over to the local agent who turned it around for me in the day. with also local tick approvals on the back and 230V stamping and good to go for use here as would have been for a local bought item. I couldn't be more happier with the service in that case ....

• Like 1

Ok great reply thanks that’s encouraging stuff, it’s just the shipping of monoblocks plus the dropping like a stone NZ currency means I’d like to be reassured I’m not digging a hole for money here... also interested in anyone’s opinions on Exon 2000 Vs Exon 3s - in the real world is there much of a step between them, running cursa 3, exon3 and Image revelation1 and 12” image active SUB, thanks so far, stereo net community

Hi sounds good I see you’re in NZ which is a big plus, what model / colour do you have, is it the original clamshell case or the 2000 versions? Please PM if and when you would like to proceed with a sale. Much appreciated..

Edited by Revnut