FOUND: WTB: Floorstanders or bookshelf speakers

Item: Floorstanders or bookshelf speakers
Price Range: max $300
Item Condition: Used
Extra Info: I had to sell my beautiful Orpheus Auroras recently for emergency cash, thus without music now. :cry: 

I'm after speakers in the Cairns QLD 4870 area for pickup or I can arrange courier pickup from you front door if you can package the speakers.

The courier (www.sendle.com.au) constraints are: 100 litre and 25kg per item. So lighter, individual floorstanders are an option.

I am aware that I'm asking for a lot with that low cost, but unfortunately that is my budget - for local pickup I can go a bit higher to include the amount I would have spent on shipping.

Thank you so much for your kind consideration.

Edited by jollygreengiant
removed found reminder
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By OTOXO
      Item Condition: Good Shipping Options: Pickup available and you can audition. Suburb or Town: Sydney State: New South Wales Payment Method: Cash on Pickup Reason for selling: Not needed Further information: SEAS speakers. Working as they should. Very good physical condition also

Pickup Leichhardt

Photos:

• By Sansui77
      During this pandemic I've had more time to get things done around the house including sorting out some speaker crossovers issues. These diy speakers were built by my old-school teacher and somehow they ended up in my hands. Originally they were setup with active crossovers but were changed back to a passive setup. Unfortunately, the crossovers were slapped together but still sounded great. Me being me I had to sort it out. I also decided to upgrade with better spec components still using the hand wound inductors. Performed a freq sweep and even though they look pretty good they needed tweeking. With a few adjustments with my super HD hearing lol, they still have that nice punchy bottom end detailed midrange. The big improvement is how detailed and cleaner the top end is now and not rolled off so quickly. The super tweeter crossover is not added in this circuit but will be built and installed seperately as I want to have a db attenuation stepper allowing you to set and control how the SB Acoustics supertweeter is outputted. Once all the testing are done, a full rewire internally, redo the acoustic material then redo - paint the cabinets. 

For DIY speakers, they're impressive 😉

• By Cybrarian
      Item Condition: Good Shipping Options: Pickup available but audition is not available.,Shipping is available at agreed cost. Suburb or Town: Sunshine 3020 State: Victoria Payment Method: Cash or EFT Reason for selling: Too many speaker Further information: Selling for a friend in Melbourne. Described as the Maltese Falcon of vintage JBL, these L212s are without the subwoofer, but sound so good they don't really need it, superb tweeters and fantastic midrange, with original grill covers, included is 3m of Belden speaker cable, good condition for age. Pickup in Sunshine, Melbourne OK.

Photos:

• By Toby1991
      Item Condition: Excellent condition. Shipping Options: Pickup available but audition is not available.,Shipping is available at agreed cost. Suburb or Town: Chelsea State: Victoria Payment Method: Paypal, EFT. Reason for selling: Switching to a bookshelf set up. Further information: Speaker Box 10 S2 is a perfect compromise between size and sound. They are compact enough to fit any living room (or bedroom, in my case!) but still offer audiophile and room filling sonics. Cristal clear highs for thrilling details are reproduced by the 25 mm silkdome tweeter. Lush and engaging mids coupled with powerful and punchy bass are sure to keep your toes tapping. The big sound stage and realistic imaging will surprise many listeners. The Speaker Box 10 S2 is manufactured only with the highest quality materials and to 100% in Europe.

These speakers were my very first good stereo speakers. I bought them new earlier this year, and have loved them dearly, even designed my room's decor around them. They're in excellent condition, and are a fine sounding speaker, which also make very attractive decor in a mid-century space. 

Low end is tight and engaging, and these speakers are "bigger" than they look, too big for my space (when properly powered) without plugs in the ports. Mids are clear and tidy, and forward enough to provide excellent frequency response for both TV and musical use. Highs are not particularly directional or sibillant, but clear and detailed without being bright. I'd say, overall, these speakers have a slightly warm sound, but with an amp on the ever so slightly bright side (An NAD C368 comes to mind, they're very neutral but just SLIGHTLY bright to me), the sound would be right down the middle. 

The only criticism I have in that is that Pro-Ject messed up in not having a centre for these! The S2 and DS2 Speaker Boxes from Pro-Ject are jacks of all trades and excellent value for money. 

I have all the original packaging, as these are only about 6 months old. I would prefer pickup, just for the sake of ease, but am very mindful of the lockdown situation here in Melbourne, so can organise shipping. Let me know if you have a preferred carrier, otherwise, if you require shipping, I'll send these with TNT or Pack And Send. Haven't quite decided, but will definitely let you know. Uber's courier service is also pretty good if you're close, but not quite close enough!

Pro-Ject say they want up to 150w, I've found they've performed well on my 80W@8Ohm Rotel A14, and they went pretty well on my 50W@8Ohm old NAD. 

Send me a DM if interested.

Photos:

PLEASE READ
      If you are advertising multiple items, you must post one bulk price only, or post seperate ads for each item If you include any reference to pricing whatsoever in this section (excluding RRP), your ad will not be approved If you don't include photographs of the actual item being sold, your ad will not be approved

• By MSD203
      Item Condition: Mint Shipping Options: Pickup available and you can audition.,Shipping is available at agreed cost. Suburb or Town: Newport State: Queensland Payment Method: EFT, Cash on Pickup Reason for selling: Funding another hobby Speakers in mint condition with original boxes and packaging.

Reluctant sale, but with a new life phase and hobby, I hate to see such quality sitting dormant.

i have a pair of 3m Tellurium Q Black speaker cables which happy to throw into the deal too.

Happy for the speakers to be auctioned, but you will need to bring your own amp.