FS: Whatmough Monitors S33i Signatures

Price: $6,500
Item Condition: Presents like new
Shipping Options: Pickup available but audition is not available.,Shipping is included in price.
Suburb or Town: Frankston sth
State: Victoria
Payment Method: EFT,Cash
Reason for selling: Moving up the Whatmough food chain

Further information: 
 For sale Whatmough Monitors S33i Signatures current model 2 years old.

These are a beautiful sounding speaker to match them with something imported you would need to spend

around 20K plus they really do punch above their weight. They were designed by a Australian legend in 

Colin Whatmough at the peak of his powers.

Would suit someone looking to buy new with a considerable saving with retail on these being $11,000.

There are a couple of stellar reviews online which really highlight just how good they are with all genres

of music.

Nominal Impedance 4ohms

Sensitivity 88db

Frequency response 38hz to 40hz

Dimensions : 260w x 1200h x 430w mm

Weight : 47kg each

Photos: Advertisements without photos of the actual item will not be approved.

IMG_3939.jpeg

IMG_3940.jpeg

IMG_3942.jpeg

IMG_3941.jpeg

• Like 3

I own these in the piano finish...they are fabulous.  I previously had the Whatmough P32 Signatures in the bubinga finish.   A beautiful veneer with a lovely grain pattern.  The S33i has a cohesive sound top to bottom.  What amp do you have driving these?

GLWTS

1 hour ago, Kinsella said:

I own these in the piano finish...they are fabulous.  I previously had the Whatmough P32 Signatures in the bubinga finish.   A beautiful veneer with a lovely grain pattern.  The S33i has a cohesive sound top to bottom.  What amp do you have driving these?

GLWTS

A friend of mine has S33i also and he is driving them with ME pre and 850. He is very happy with the synergy.

I actually met Colin at Audio Synergy in Perth. Either 90 or 91.

What a nice man, a gentleman.

To listen to him talk. I was in awe of the man.

I knew the family took over from him when he passed. But l didn't know that they were still manufacturing speakers. You don't seem to hear the name much anymore.

Anyway huge fan. Love your speakers. They look stunning and would sound fantastic.

GLWS

1 hour ago, needlerunner said:

I actually met Colin at Audio Synergy in Perth. Either 90 or 91.

What a nice man, a gentleman.

To listen to him talk. I was in awe of the man.

I knew the family took over from him when he passed. But l didn't know that they were still manufacturing speakers. You don't seem to hear the name much anymore.

Anyway huge fan. Love your speakers. They look stunning and would sound fantastic.

GLWS

Yes Colin was a class act & sure did know how to design a loudspeaker IMO. 

Whatmough is still going strong in Melbourne and have gone back to selling direct thru their retail outlet Audio Experts in Cheltenham. 

They still have the same loyal staff building the speakers as when Colin was still running the show. 

• Like 1

On 23/04/2020 at 11:34 PM, Kinsella said:

I own these in the piano finish...they are fabulous.  I previously had the Whatmough P32 Signatures in the bubinga finish

How much difference was it going from the P32s to the S33s? (As current owner of a pair of P32s....)

Considerable difference to the P32 Signatures.  Much better base which is what I was looking for.  I always thought the P32s had great vocal presence.  The S33s are a step up again with more weight and increase clarity.  The top end too has a more natural sound to cymbals.  Mind you the P32s are good.  Much better than the non-signature P32 which did not impress me at all.