SOLD: FS: REL T/7i Subwoofer

SOLD
Price: $950
Item Condition: As New
Shipping Options: Pickup available but audition is not available.,Pickup available and you can audition.,Shipping is included in price.
Suburb or Town: Wollongong
State: New South Wales
Payment Method: Paypal F&F, EFT
Reason for selling: New floor standing speakers

Further information: 

• Purchased August 2019 from Melbourne Hifi - current RRP $1599
  • Still have original box and happy to ship at buyers expense and risk if desired - estimate between $20-40. 
  • Price is firm

T/7i is, without reservation, one of the most-balanced RELs of all time. In order to achieve perfect balance, a sub must weigh speed against heft, while ensuring true extension-depth-and do so in a physically harmonious package. T/7i manages to make it all seem easy. Quick and delicate for a perfect blend, it can pound out exceptionally deep, tuneful bass that belies its size and plays louder than most will ever require.

The new composite alloy/fibre engine in T/7i blends precisely the correct dimension of stiffening alloy with a fibre material chosen for its sonic neutrality and light weight. The combination is brilliant; exceeding the performance of competitors’ drivers that are many times more expensive. The forward-firing 8” active couples with a larger 10” down-firing passive, again with carefully chosen balances of alloy to fibre and the result is seamless, effortlessly deep bass that blends perfectly with the main speakers.

If our driver designers deliver the structure of REL’s sound, the electronics are the brains and the power behind our success. Serie T/i uses the same Class A/B power amplifier sections with large, high current power supplies, precision-wound toroidal transformers and an amazing reliability record that has powered almost 100,000 RELs.

Our proprietary filter designs are responsible for rave reviews for REL’s unique ability to blend seamlessly while layering on all the harmonic structure missing from conventional systems.

Photos: Advertisements without photos of the actual item will not be approved.

IMG_20200422_095726.jpg

IMG_20200422_095739.jpg

IMG_20200422_095751.jpg

How do you find the bass on these? Is it more punchy (kick drum type slam )or floor shaking rumble? Also, did you notice a huge difference between the connection methods? The T71 is on my radar

1 minute ago, hatch said:

How do you find the bass on these? Is it more punchy (kick drum type slam )or floor shaking rumble? Also, did you notice a huge difference between the connection methods? The T71 is on my radar

I found it was all about positioning - i followed the REL guide (with the help of a few other sets of ears as well). When in the right spot it was punchy and combined very well with my LS50s. Very different to a sub i'd had for home theatre years ago that was more of that 'rumble'. 

I have a pair of t9i and svs pb2000 in my system for that reason. For music only using the rel for speed and punch. For movie the svs comes on for the rumbles and shakes.

The T7i would have similar punch and speed as the T9i

Edited by Soundfever

18 minutes ago, hatch said:

OK thanks, yes i have an SVS which is more rumble and was after something a tad more punchy.

I have 2x PC-2000 Pro's in the theatre and a SB-2000 in the music system (after another) I find ported for movies and sealed for music best (in my opinion)

1 hour ago, DSD_Fan said:

I have 2x PC-2000 Pro's in the theatre and a SB-2000 in the music system (after another) I find ported for movies and sealed for music best (in my opinion)

Agreed, i found the same.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Gremrock said:

You get best results using high level input, but can't be used with class D amps.

That is how i have been doing my SVS lately, big difference.

34 minutes ago, Gremrock said:

You get best results using high level input, but can't be used with class D amps.

I was blown away at the difference going line level to high level. For anyone interested in this for stereo use, REL subs are fantastically musical. 

Mr Gemrock 

"You get best results using high level input, but can't be used with class D amps"

You might want to look at RELs website and you tube channel to see how to connect to class D they have great guides on how to do so there.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Soundfever said:

I have a pair of t9i and svs pb2000 in my system for that reason. For music only using the rel for speed and punch. For movie the svs comes on for the rumbles and shakes.

The T7i would have similar punch and speed as the T9i

That is good to know. Punch is harder to find IMO than rumble. The T9i is a beauty. Yes i would think the T7i is not far behind at all by all accounts.