Posted (edited)

First time posting, need help. I've bought a Yamaha rxv385, tried to connect samsung dvd with hdmi and just get the connection indicator blinking and nothing happens, I have it in the correct bd/dvd port. My pay tv box is detected and works ok. Do u have to change settings somewhere. The dvd is samsung about 12 years old. In not at home writing this so I don't have the model number atm. The dvd is playing through hdmi straight to tv ok. When it's connected to the receiver and playing a disc the receiver is not detecting hdmi input signal. If I reach around the back of the dvd and pull out and push back in the hdmi the receiver gets a signal and I have visual and audio on my tv someone help.

Screenshot_20200421-092415_Photos.jpg

Edited by nitroman392

Have you tried another HDMI cable?

Also, it maybe just me but I would expected the word 'please' somewhere in your first post on the forum.

What you are describing sounds like a HDMI Handshaking issue either caused by the HDMI Cable. I know you said that connecting the HDMI cable directly to the TV works, but you have introduction another bit of equipment into the equation. Have you tried a different HDMI Cable as wolster suggested.

I have suffered the same issue in the past. I had HDMI cables that worked fine when connect directly between a source such as a DVD Player and Display device. However when that same cable was used between the source and a Receiver, no signal was received. I went and purchased new HDMI cables and that solved the issue.