SOLD: FS: Gieseler Klein III DAC (coaxial/optical) + New Enhanced PSU

SOLD
Price: $800
Item Condition: As new
Shipping Options: Pickup available but audition is not available.,Pickup available and you can audition.,Shipping is included in price.
Suburb or Town: Sydney (east)
State: New South Wales
Payment Method: Pickup - cash / Post - bank transfer
Reason for selling: Upgrade

Items: -Gieseler Klein III (Coax/Opt) - latest version incl. upgraded main filter capacitors

-New Enhanced PSU (12V/2A)

EDIT:    Due to some interest in the Enhanced PSU, I can sell separately if takers: 

Klein III (and coaxial) $450 (with stock 9V AC supply)

Enhanced PSU            $350

Product links:

Klein III (S/PDIF) ($700)

New Enhanced PSU ($500)

Further info:

Purchased from Clay Gieseler in March. Went to Europe shortly afterwards so I've only listened critically for the last fortnight; DAC and PSU would have around 300 hours running time. Buyer will receive an essentially new Klein III with Gieseler's very best power supply.

This Klein III has Nichicon KG main filter capacitors (4700uF x3) - the same ones used in the Fein II. Additionally, the output voltage is 2V, also the same as the Fein II (regular Klein III has 2000uF Silmics / 2.65V output).

For those who haven't heard a Gieseler before, the Klein III is highly resolving yet retains a natural tonality - an attribute of only the best digital sources, in my experience. The Klein's other strengths are soundstage/definition in complex passages;  a dynamic and well-controlled bass; and toe-tapping rhythmic ability (rock albums are something to hear!). The main reason I bought the Klein III was to play my classical and jazz discs (via an Audiolab transport). Needless to say, the sound quality is really impressive and I'm upgrading to Gieseler's top offering.

Photos: Advertisements without photos of the actual item will not be approved.

Front1.jpg

Top.jpg

Back.jpg

PSU front.jpg

PSU back.jpg

all on table.jpg

boxed.jpg

Edited by was_a
  • Like 1

59 minutes ago, Steffen said:

The DAC requires 9V AC but the power supply provides 12V DC – am I missing something? Are these two separate items that aren’t meant to be used together?

It’s 9 V a.c. or if you’re using DC it’s 12 v

^^ From Clay when I asked the same question months ago

Edited by barbz127
  • Like 1

I can understand the interest in the PSU - I tried it with a few cheap 12V DACs I have lying around and the transformation was astonishing. (Perhaps that says more about the power supply filtering of budget DACs than anything else, but still!).

1 hour ago, was_a said:

comes with a regular switched-mode supply

I think this is incorrect. The mains box is just an AC-AC transformer, to bring it down to a safe working voltage.

Not SMPS.

• Like 1