JasWigs

Ex-Movie Theatre Projector Screen Sale/Value?

Hi all,

Im wondering if anybody may know or be able to help me.

A few years back I inherited a massive cinemascope-sized screen once used in a modern movie theatre that closed down. The screen is absolutely huge and must be about 15 metres wide, is hung from the ceiling, supported 3D and from what I can tell is beaded with glass for added reflect.

I have been sitting on this screen for a while and have had it stored safely, and now think it is just taking up space in my storage for no good reason. Is this kind of thing able to be sold? For how much? And to whom will buy it? Could an approach be to try and offload it to an audio/visual company?

I really have no idea whatsoever, these things must be expensive new...

Any thoughts?! Thanks!

Could possibly be cut up into smaller screen sizes since there can't be too many people with the wall size or throw distance to accommodate 15 metres!

On 18/04/2020 at 10:36 PM, JasWigs said:

Hi all,

Im wondering if anybody may know or be able to help me.

A few years back I inherited a massive cinemascope-sized screen once used in a modern movie theatre that closed down. The screen is absolutely huge and must be about 15 metres wide, is hung from the ceiling, supported 3D and from what I can tell is beaded with glass for added reflect.

I have been sitting on this screen for a while and have had it stored safely, and now think it is just taking up space in my storage for no good reason. Is this kind of thing able to be sold? For how much? And to whom will buy it? Could an approach be to try and offload it to an audio/visual company?

I really have no idea whatsoever, these things must be expensive new...

Any thoughts?! Thanks!

I may want part of it if easy to cut. Please check DM

1 minute ago, Tubularbells said:

@knight2001dts Perfect for you!

Still trying to decide whether or not to go with an acoustically transparent screen - but this would be epic!!  i wish I could have a 15m wide screen!

@JasWigs Any chance you can share some pics of the edge of the screen to show how it is attached to (i'm guessing) the screen truss?

Is it heavy tape with grommets to be used with turnbuckles?

If you can offload to the right person it might be worth something, but otherwise it's probably throw away sadly.

Probably a harkness hall screen from the UK, they tend to make most of our large cinema screen fabrics for commercial venues. They can do 60 ft tall seamless screens.