Help -Just lost my Left Channel

So i'm playing a few tracks tonight via SBT > Dac > Musical fidelity amp (M3si) > speakers and towards the end of my listening session the Left channel suddenly stopped working?

I was playing it fairly loud as I have many times before. Not sure if it's a speaker problem or amp?

I bought the amp new in 2018 from dealer. Speakers were bought from SNA member a few years ago.

Anyone got any ideas what the heck has happened?

And who would I get to service? I'm in Sydney.

First try to identify the faulty component/unit. As above switch L&R cables and see if problem changes channel. I'd start with the RCA inputs to the amp, if problems remain on left channel then amp or spkr issue, then swap spkr cables as above, faulty left channel points to amp, faulty right points to spkr (though unlikely all drivers would be silent).

When this happened to my system several months causing some consternation (putting it mildly) I traced it to one of the interconnects coming out of the CD player having slightly disengaged.

Well I am very embarrassed!!!!

I just started to investigate the problem;  Turned on all my gear and no left channel.

I simply pulled the speaker cable out of the LH speaker and plugged it in again AND IT WORKED!

It must of come loose when I 'walking' my speakers out from the wall during my listening session. Have done this plenty of time and never had a problem.

Note to self; Don't post a problem after 6 beers. Wait til next day to check.

Crisis over gentlemen.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

hahaha, and I was going to ask: "Did you look where you last left it?"

On the serious side, if it is a banana plug, yes that could happen, but it shows that it must be a pretty loose fit. You may need replace your banana plugs.

If it is any other kind of connection.... tighten the bludger up...

Better to be embarrassed than what my mate went through today. Same issue (left speaker not working) but we worked out over the phone his record player is actually broken. That's a more that $1000.- record player that's only a few years old.