Jump to content

Recommended Posts

I have just purchased a new projector and have had it installed by an electrical company that does home theater fit outs.

 

3 weeks later it has fallen off the roof and broken.

Can i claim this on insurance?

 

I tried arguing with the installer and he said its not his fault 

Link to post
Share on other sites

something would have to ask your insurance company isnt it ? and depending on your cover on whether will pay for it. ? 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Course it's their fault,  obviously improperly mounted - might struggle with your insurance company although you could possibly claim through them and they can hit the installer(s) themselves. 

Ouch, that's rotten luck, was it screwed into the wood studs in roof?

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, evil c said:

Course it's their fault,  obviously improperly mounted - might struggle with your insurance company although you could possibly claim through them and they can hit the installer(s) themselves. 

Ouch, that's rotten luck, was it screwed into the wood studs in roof?

Looking at it now, It's not in the timber just a flat piece of pine.

Link to post
Share on other sites


i doubt your insurance company will cover it under your contents cover, why should they as it is caused by faulty workmanship. not normally listed on insurance.

 

just sue the company thru small claims court. contact your states consumer affairs for the process. its not expensive, you can ask for court costs and you and the installer only can go to court so just you 2 and judge. quite simple really.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Depends entirely on your level of cover - if you have accidental loss/damage cover which is not otherwise excluded - a regular extension offered by most Underwriters these days. Doesn't always come in the form of an extension , it can be simply included. If Underwriters indemnify you for any loss which is caused by someone else who is not an insured party in your policy they automatically pick up your subrogation (legal) rights to recover against that party - whether they proceed or not is entirely up to them.

 

Read your policy and speak to your Underwriter.

 

The installers are entirely responsible - who else could be.

 

Edited by Smp
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 10 months later...


On 16/04/2020 at 5:42 PM, thechrisguy said:

 

 

I tried arguing with the installer and he said its not his fault 

How ????? Is it not their fault ???

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Comment removed as i just realized this thread is old and issue would prob be sorted.

Edited by drummerboy01
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 05/03/2021 at 6:01 PM, drummerboy01 said:

Comment removed as i just realized this thread is old and issue would prob be sorted.

 

Then again Al, knowing some insurance companies it might be ongoing haha

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...

Just to update, Insurance did cover it for close to new minus the excess. Happy with the outcome with the insurance but obviously not the installer.

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites


On 17/03/2021 at 4:09 PM, thechrisguy said:

Just to update, Insurance did cover it for close to new minus the excess. Happy with the outcome with the insurance but obviously not the installer.

Out of curiousity, did you have an accidental damage coverage on your insurance? 

 

Also, has your premium gone up? and if so, by how much if you don't mind me asking?

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.




×
×
  • Create New...