On-line room correction services

I’ve had a room treatment professional come out and I’ve also got advice from a brand that you send pics of your room to and they recommend treatment.

Both gave the same answer, which was pretty much to put treatment in every space possible. It wasn’t very practical. Room EQ with Audessy, REW and DEQX helped a lot more. 

2 hours ago, Mike13 said:

Who’s Mitch?

He is involvedw ith one of these correction services and has written articles and a book on dsp treatment. His own bio below

About the author

Mitch-200.jpgMitch “Mitchco” Barnett

I love music and audio. I grew up with music around me as my Mom was a piano player (swing) and my Dad was an audiophile (jazz). At that time Heathkit was big and my Dad and I built several of their audio kits. Electronics was my first career and my hobby was building speakers, amps, preamps, etc., and I still DIY today ex.png. I also mixed live sound for a variety of bands, which led to an opportunity to work full-time in a 24 track recording studio. Over 10 years, I recorded, mixed, and sometimes produced ex.png over 30 albums, 100 jingles, and several audio for video post productions in a number of recording studios in Western Canada. This was during a time when analog was going digital and I worked in the first 48 track all digital studio in Canada. Along the way, I partnered with some like-minded audiophile friends, and opened up an acoustic consulting and manufacturing company. I purchased a TEF acoustics analysis computer ex.png which was a revolution in acoustic measuring as it was the first time sound could be measured in 3 dimensions. My interest in software development drove me back to University and I have been designing and developing software ex.png ever since.

On 18/04/2020 at 9:22 AM, dan_b said:

I recently worked with Mitch from accuratesound to develop some filters for my setup. I’ve tried myself a number of times but have never been totally happy with the results. I’m thrilled with what Mitch did and have never been happier with the sound of my system. 

On 19/04/2020 at 8:56 AM, dan_b said:

I’ve taken countless measurements with REW over the years and used these to fine tune the position of my speakers and the integration of my sub.  I’ve also treated my room using vicoustic bass traps.   All this helped and agree with the point that eq comes last. 

I have used Dirac on and off. It always took too much away from the sound for me though. I tried tweaking the curve and only correcting low frequencies, but always ended up preferring the sound without it. 

The filters Mitch developed (which run in Roon) are much better than I could manage with Dirac. I feel like I’m getting the benefits (even bass response and better soundstage) without the disadvantages I had with Dirac (a general loss of dynamics). 

I paid well under AUD1000.  For me, it was great value. 

What info are you after??