Comrades,

Drain the polluted swamp of audiophile media and opinion and discover,  glistening like a diamond in the mud, this wonderful little gem of a podcast . 

And it's from some of our most esteemed colleagues here on SNA.  

https://podcasts.apple.com/au/podcast/3-sad-bastards/id1507530486

3SB.png.3b9f8558ae2df6cba67fd65c7f965572.png

@sir sanders zingmore@aris

Edited by buddyev
  • Like 5
  • Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Comrades, Drain the polluted swamp of audiophile media and opinion and discover,  glistening like a diamond in the mud, this wonderful little gem of a podcast .  And it's from some of our mo

As we all look for new ways to entertain and be entertained, "three sad bastards" have quite literally banded together to launch a light-hearted hi-fi focused podcast.   Thought this worthy

@Sir ding-a-ding-a-ling. How about I come on as occasional guest? 3 sad bastards and a real bastard.    

29 minutes ago, buddyev said:

Comrades,

Drain the polluted swamp of audiophile media and opinion and discover,  glistening like a diamond in the mud, this wonderful little gem of a podcast . 

And it's from some of our most esteemed colleagues here on SNA.  

https://podcasts.apple.com/au/podcast/3-sad-bastards/id1507530486

3SB.png.3b9f8558ae2df6cba67fd65c7f965572.png

@sir sanders zingmore@aris

The third sad bastard is @Prince Arnold

• Like 2

As we all look for new ways to entertain and be entertained, "three sad bastards" have quite literally banded together to launch a light-hearted hi-fi focused podcast.

Thought this worthy of some extra promotion.

View the full article

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, JukKluk2 said:

None of whom match up to my mental picture of them, they're all less handsome than I imagined. Might have to forget I saw this.

Hey, I might be sad but I’m sure I’m handsome

• Like 1

The terrible thought is that they’re all sitting there in front of their webcams unwashed and in their underpants.
Truly sad lives.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
38 minutes ago, buddyev said:

The terrible thought is that they’re all sitting there in front of their webcams unwashed and in their underpants.
Truly sad lives.

That will be available when we start pay-per-view

• Like 2
1 hour ago, StereoNET said:

As we all look for new ways to entertain and be entertained, "three sad bastards" have quite literally banded together to launch a light-hearted hi-fi focused podcast.

Thought this worthy of some extra promotion.

View the full article

Thanks @Marc  

in case it’s not obvious, we are having a bit of a laugh -although @aris really does believe his system is the best. Hopefully the SNA community can have a laugh with us, or failing that, at us. 

If we say anything that’s going to get us in trouble (most likely with our wives) please let us know. 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, buddyev said:

Truly sad lives.

How I imagine them:

Coronavirus.jpg

• Like 2
  • Administrators
8 minutes ago, sir sanders zingmore said:

Thanks @Marc  

in case it’s not obvious, we are having a bit of a laugh -although @aris really does believe his system is the best. Hopefully the SNA community can have a laugh with us, or failing that, at us. 

If we say anything that’s going to get us in trouble (most likely with our wives) please let us know. 

Absolutely, it's light-hearted and needed at times like this. It has my full support.

If you say anything bad about me though ..... 😛

• Like 1
1 hour ago, sir sanders zingmore said:

Just re-checked.

Nope.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Marc said:

If you say anything bad about me though ..... 😛

@Sir ding-a-ding-a-ling. How about I come on as occasional guest?

3 sad bastards and a real bastard.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
2 hours ago, sir sanders zingmore said:

I'm handsome too. In an oldish kinda way. Oh, that's right, it's called distinguished.

Edited by needlerunner
  • Like 1

It is I, Sad Bastard 2! The green one!

Now that we have more than two subscribers we are committed to a second series (groan) so last night us 3 Sad Bastards started kicking around ideas. Obviously coming up with ideas takes time and alcohol and so I was wondering if there are any topics that the SN crew may want us to explore? Of course we'd ensure we thoroughly researched the topic and applied our high editorial, fact checking and production standards to deliver a quality episode. Or, we just might talk rubbish. Hard to tell before hand.

Anyway if you have some ideas let us know. 

P.S. If your idea is "stop, please stop." it's already been suggested by my wife.

• Like 2
18 hours ago, sir sanders zingmore said:

Don't get me started again Trev. I will learn sometime to stop biting to your and @Prince Arnold's taunts!

For our long suffering listener(s), our season-one closing episode has just been published. Here’s the link

”In this episode the 3 Sad Bastards get increasingly inebriated and (try to)  determine once and for all whether alcoholic consumption should be a viable upgrade option for your hifi.”

“In a no-holds-barred episode, the idea of whether your hifi sounds better or not if you're tipsy, and/or if no one is listening lead the 3 Sad Bastards to meta discussion on the special theory of relativity and a quantum mechanical interpretation of the uncertainty hifi cat.”

There is some profanity. Also, we swear a bit. 
Enjoy

• Like 1
On 15/04/2020 at 2:18 PM, buddyev said:

Truly sad lives.

Agreed, Russ!  :lol:  But is it just me .... I really can't listen to even 6 minutes of people talking - let alone 32 minutes - without visuals.  :(

I'd rather read text ... that engages me more.

Andy

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, andyr said:

Agreed, Russ!  :lol:  But is it just me .... I really can't listen to even 6 minutes of people talking - let alone 32 minutes - without visuals.  :(

I'd rather read text ... that engages me more.

Andy

You are missing out on a world of really really interesting stuff if you don’t listen to podcasts, Andy. 
There’s also mindless drivel of course - like the Three Sad Bastards 😀

I just mainlined the whole season (apart from the last one. That just showed up) and it’s great fun. I’m really looking forward to more and as a long-time podcast tragic, my only suggestion for the next season (if I’m not too late) is to dispense with the SB1/SB2 business (it’s a bit distracting/confusing) and just use your names.

My favourite podcasts are the ones that are like listening in on a group of mates having a yak, which you guys have in spades but the SB thing breaks the illusion a bit, if that makes sense?

Otherwise, keep it up. You guys have great chemistry and a distinctive voice and it sounds like you’re having a blast. :) 

Thanks for putting in the effort 👍

Edited by RankStranger
  • Thanks 1

Great feedback and glad you enjoy it! Reckon we get co fused with SB1/2/3 so think we’ll take your idea and just use our names in S02 (which is being planned to start next week!).

Aris (was SB1)...

• Like 1
18 minutes ago, aris said:

Great feedback and glad you enjoy it! Reckon we get co fused with SB1/2/3 so think we’ll take your idea and just use our names in S02 (which is being planned to start next week!).

Aris (was SB1)...

I always suspected you were SB1…...

Good feedback, thanks @RankStranger

• Like 1

Thanks for the heads up on this, just following instructions listening to episode 1 now 👍🏻👍🏻

20200424_163717_HDR.jpg

Edited by 08Boss302
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just finished episodes 1, 2 & 3.

This is actually the first podcast I have ever listened to in my life.  Very enjoyable!!

I enjoyed the banter and discussion.  Listening to the knowledge, opinion and experiences discussed, was great.

I think the cool thing is the principles in discussions can be applied from entry to mortgage cost systems IMO.

Looking at the topics of the other episodes I can see I am going to enjoy some more beers and listening.

Thanks 3 Sad Bastards, I think this is great. Keep it up.

36 minutes ago, aris said:

Don’t encourage us, we won’t stop!

Start discussing vintage amps, the ones that stand up admirably to an awful lot of current gear.

Try this one for instance. Sir Zing -A-Baker-der-Ling-a-Ling would of expected a Sansui great from me, but this beast will just blow away so much of the expensive bling on sale throughout Melbourne, across Australia and around the world.

When paired with your pre of choice...you then let it run your inefficient massive horns that start saying hello at 104DB.(you know who I'm talking about)

But then you plug the same combo into  a sub 1k set-up. Equally as good.

Discuss.

image.png.7ad268725a0c10cd20a1b887bc65df4c.png

42 minutes ago, Luc said:

Start discussing vintage amps, the ones that stand up admirably to an awful lot of current gear.

Try this one for instance. Sir Zing -A-Baker-der-Ling-a-Ling would of expected a Sansui great from me, but this beast will just blow away so much of the expensive bling on sale throughout Melbourne, across Australia and around the world.

When paired with your pre of choice...you then let it run your inefficient massive horns that start saying hello at 104DB.(you know who I'm talking about)

But then you plug the same combo into  a sub 1k set-up. Equally as good.

Discuss.

Rubbish

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
14 hours ago, buddyev said:

Rubbish

Enough of your wordy prolix fake news commentary. How about trying to be a bit more succinct and precise instead of this wishy washy ambivalence.

Spit it out man.

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...

Still enjoying this, taken me a while to sit and listen.  Great listening and I still find amongst the banter the discussion points are fun yet serious but also relevant.  It is genuinely like a good pub discussion.
Thank you also for pointing out its Vinyl and not Vinyls, I too cannot stand that, and SB3, dont let anyone make you feel less an audiophile for listeing to JP or any other metal, hardcore and punk!!!  I'll keep an eye out for your post in the Metal Currently Spinning thread!!

Looking forward to Season 2...

• 4 weeks later...

Was supposed to be getting a bunch of chores done this morning but become majorly distracted by listening to these fun podcasts, big thumbs up!!!

Good job

• 2 months later...

Ok, despite the clamour of voices telling us to “shut up”, “you guys are really sad”, “things are hard enough in lockdown ... enough already”.... we’re back!

Back by popular demand, the 3 Sad Bastards kick off Season 2  with an episode dedicate to headphones. Finally! SB3 is vindicated after years of trying to convince SB2 and SB1 that headphones are awesome.
Blending their unique style of education, irritation, and and pissing each other off, the 3 Sad Bastards consider whether closed or open headphones are better, do you really need an amplifier for your cans, and revisit whether DACs really they matter, and whether buying randomly works.
A must listen for any audiophile interested in headphones!

• Like 2

I’m also super excited about Episode 2, “coming soon”, where we cover DIY loudspeakers.

Trev (aka SB3 and Sir Sanders Zingmore) and John (aka SB2 and Prince Arnold) think I’m crazy for even thinking that DIY can match big name commercial loudspeakers. We shall see in the next episode(s).

• Like 1
On 24/04/2020 at 7:51 PM, Luc said:

Have been looking at vintage amps esp for high efficiency loudspeakers and will cover in a upcoming 3SB episode.

There’s also some completely insane vintage revamp power amp projects, eg:

image.thumb.jpeg.6404faf4d3c8581018e40e7aeb0d2740.jpeg

https://sites.google.com/view/mpbspurifiamplifierproject/home